OT/ is it April fools day???

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: OT/ is it April fools day???
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By justin cox on Thursday, August 18, 2016 - 12:23 am:

I hope this is a joke. I am not good at computers so can someone tell me if this is real?

http://abcnews.com.co/obama-executive-order-bans-pledge-of-allegiance-in-schools /

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Esik on Thursday, August 18, 2016 - 12:25 am:

I swear-he is the Devil.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Esik on Thursday, August 18, 2016 - 12:26 am:

be it ....a quiet one!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Harris from Long Beach, CA on Thursday, August 18, 2016 - 01:19 am:

He must have a legal reason, I'd like to hear it substantiated before I make a judgement.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Eviston on Thursday, August 18, 2016 - 01:35 am:

Hoax.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Thursday, August 18, 2016 - 02:36 am:

http://www.snopes.com/pledge-of-allegiance-ban/
I apologize. I don't always agree with Snopes, but I had shared it with Justin before checking. Apologies to all.
Marv

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, August 18, 2016 - 07:51 am:

The giveaway is .co in the URL. It's a propaganda site masquerading as ABC News.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Thursday, August 18, 2016 - 09:02 am:

In the list of internet country abbreviations, ".co" is Colombia.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Howard D. Dennis Byron, Georgia on Thursday, August 18, 2016 - 10:42 am:

What amazes me is how many want it to be true and just hit "send" before checking it for themselves. Thus the creators job is done and the lies keep spreading.

I especially loved "Fappy"!

Howard Dennis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By justin cox on Thursday, August 18, 2016 - 12:08 pm:

Sad thing is that it would not surprise me at all if it did happen.....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Thursday, August 18, 2016 - 12:13 pm:

I don't know that it is so much that people WANT it to be true, as it is that things in this country have degraded to the point that people have little reason to believe that it is NOT true.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Howard D. Dennis Byron, Georgia on Thursday, August 18, 2016 - 12:24 pm:

I said "want it to be true" because anyone who read enough of the article to read about "Fappy" and still sent it had no interest in the "truth".

Howard Dennis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ALAN FAIRCLOUGH from Houston, TEXAS on Thursday, August 18, 2016 - 01:31 pm:

It is curious how so few people in the US really are interested in the truth.
lies are much more interesting and easier to believe.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Saturday, August 20, 2016 - 11:27 am:

People are no different in believing what they hear or read now then they were in the past. Good example is HG Wells radio broadcast of "The War of the Worlds" or the witch trials in New England. We just have more information today to process and make a decision on. People just want the easy, now and in the past. If it was printed in the paper, on the radio or internet, it must be the truth. Just because we are better educated does not mean many are less gullible.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Saturday, August 20, 2016 - 02:47 pm:

And, we fail to learn from history!!
(Pet peeve of us Museum types)
I don't want to get political here, but the Forefathers' intention was not to deny religion (of almost any sort) but to not allow Congress to establish a state religion, as the British Parliament had. Prayer and the acknowledgement of a Supreme Creator is basic to many of our founding documents.
End of Rant!
We now return you to our previous program: Black Cars Matter! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erick Keenan - Vineland NJ 08360 on Saturday, August 20, 2016 - 07:43 pm:

I don't think it can be true, the president has been on vacation for the last few days.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration