1921 Coupe

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: 1921 Coupe
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Manny Kourounis on Thursday, August 18, 2016 - 11:05 am:

Hi guys,
I'm restoring my 21 coupe and i'm working on the suicide door frames, The question I have is, was there a metal piece on the bottom? I think it would be the sill plate.

If so are they available specifically for the coupe?

Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Thursday, August 18, 2016 - 12:39 pm:

My '22 Coupe has a metal sill plate over the wood frame. It is a lower seal to the door which closes against the door bottom. It has Ford in raised letters on it. It took me quite a while to find them because they are made to fit the Coupe door opening.

It's hard to see in the picture.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Sims--Reed City,Mich. on Thursday, August 18, 2016 - 01:05 pm:

Manny, I posted some pictures on your classified post.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Manny Kourounis on Thursday, August 18, 2016 - 02:33 pm:

Thanks for the info Jim
Does your car have the body mouldings on it as well?

I just removed mine to attack surface rust issues on the body panels.

They didn't come off nicely and will have to find replacements for those as well

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Thursday, August 18, 2016 - 02:43 pm:

Manny,

I had to make several sheet metal parts for my '22 from scratch. Save the old pieces and use them as a pattern.

Jim,

I hope you don't mind but I saved your door sill pictures for my file.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Thursday, August 18, 2016 - 08:17 pm:

There was a metal step plate on top but the outside exposed wood was just painted between the A (windshield) pillar and B (door hinge post)pillar on my 21 coupe.
From his posting on the classifieds;
http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/3487/668915.html?1471533063

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Thursday, August 18, 2016 - 08:26 pm:

Mark,

If your talking about the lower wood below the door my '22 was covered with tin. You can see it below the door

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Thursday, August 18, 2016 - 08:38 pm:

Mine was a 21 and did not have the tin. It was just painted like the window frames. It might be who built the body. (I am pretty sure is was a "B" body) If you look at the photos I posted in the above link you can see the wood which was shaped to match the body curve at that point, front to back top to bottom.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration