It is not a circus wagon!!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: It is not a circus wagon!!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Sims--Reed City,Mich. on Thursday, August 18, 2016 - 04:05 pm:

Got this thing painted and found the colors were not at all like the color chip on the can. Thinking of a color for the wheels, and no I will not paint them yellow!! Actually I will probably repaint the blue a lot darker blue.Pickup 1pickup 2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rod Letcher - Eugene Oregon on Thursday, August 18, 2016 - 04:22 pm:

Jim,
Looks great. I agree the your DK blue idea.

Cool truck.
As they say, keep on truckin.

Rod

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Thursday, August 18, 2016 - 04:48 pm:

Jim,
I think you're in a grey area here. . . .
Hey someone had to post it!! :-)
Decades ago my everyday car was a '46 Ch@@y and I found a paint chip of a grey blue original color, that wuz purty! So, had that mixed up and went beck to Dunsmuir to paint it. Well, that blue was NOT the grey-blue of the chip, but back then it was an hour+half just to get back to the paint store, so onward! It wuz BLUE! Except the first night we went out to dinner, came out of the restaurant (at the price of the food, it was no cafe!) and there sat our wheels, under the parking lot lights---in a glorious Purple!!!! AAAUGH!! I hoped no one was watching as we got into the car. . . . Lived with that for some 6 years! Sold the car in the daytime!!
:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chester Leighton on Thursday, August 18, 2016 - 05:48 pm:

My Vote(if I get one): Fenders and splash apron dark blue or black with red wheels.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Val Soupios on Thursday, August 18, 2016 - 06:31 pm:

Dark blue or black fenders, vermillion wheels and striping on the body!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Thursday, August 18, 2016 - 06:33 pm:

I third the motion. Black w/red wheels.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Thursday, August 18, 2016 - 06:58 pm:

That blue color reminds me of one of my boss's cars when I worked at Pratt & Whitney. He had an early '80s Oldsmobile that he liked, but needed a repaint. He picked out what he thought was a nice, conservative blue and had it repainted.

Turned out he was partially color blind, and the blue he picked out was actually very similar to the shade on your TT. Needless to say, his car stood out in the parking lot! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Harris from Long Beach, CA on Thursday, August 18, 2016 - 09:19 pm:

David D, you are right about colors changing at night. We had a red Corvette and at night it looked green with the orange lights in Long Beach at that time which were installed to save electricity.

Some City government folks were gathered in a parking lot one night discussing the low energy lighting and I asked them how they liked my new green Corvette. Then I opened the door and turned on the lights revealing my red Corvette and told them that it must be confusing when the police are looking for a red car at night and drive right past a green one..

Shine a blue light on an orange car at night and it will turn black.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Thursday, August 18, 2016 - 09:42 pm:

Blue body over black fenders...

: ^ )

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Thursday, August 18, 2016 - 10:24 pm:

Nice truck like the colors

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration