Strange looking 1911 Ford

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Strange looking 1911 Ford
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Thursday, August 18, 2016 - 06:06 pm:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Other-/131911313532?forcerrptr=true&hash=item1eb686 e87c:g:BwUAAOSw6n5XtEQt&item=131911313532

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Spaziano, Bellflower, CA. on Thursday, August 18, 2016 - 06:18 pm:

I didn't realize Ford made a model called "Other" during the Model T era. You learn something every day on this forum.

Didn't realize that Hupmobile was made by Ford either!:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Thursday, August 18, 2016 - 06:20 pm:

It's a Hupmoford! Very rare! Possibly one of one. Special features. Ran when parked.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Thursday, August 18, 2016 - 06:23 pm:

Holy crap, it's a right hand drive Hupmoford.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Val Soupios on Thursday, August 18, 2016 - 06:27 pm:

Actually it looks like a nice little Hupp 20. They make a Model T look like a speedmobile but they are cute!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Thursday, August 18, 2016 - 06:36 pm:

I'll bet it's listed that way to get more "hits". Same reason some parts are listed as antique Model T/Chevy and so on. Of course there's always the possibility he can't read.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Thursday, August 18, 2016 - 07:31 pm:

I noticed that the listing seller is listing it for a friend that I guess cannot do such listings himself. The little bit I have tried to sell on eBad, I know how difficult they make it for us commoners. They make it especially bad for anything out of the ordinary (as defined by their cubicle lifestyle), like antique automobiles.

One of the things that greatly annoys me about all that. They TEACH people to put all kinds of "catch words" to attract all kinds of searches. The problem is, that in the world of antique automobiles, that practice will find lots of lookers that know nothing about Hupmobiles. Of course, one of them might actually have more money than brains and decide to buy it. But that kind of listing practice also avoids most of the people that would actually be interested in looking for a Hupmobile to buy. I know that I gave up a long time ago even trying to look for every antique automobile related listing that I would want to look at. The wrong words that would have to be included in such a search would give me a million ads to look at that I have absolutely NO interest in.
I would think sellers would do better with specialty items by actually calling it first what it is.

Nice car! I wonder what kind of money he is really wanting? (Not that I have any money to buy anything.)
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Thursday, August 18, 2016 - 08:04 pm:

When I look at the car listings, I sort the listings by year, oldest first.

Of course, there are always those bozos who list their modern car as a 1900 just so it will show up at the top. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Thursday, August 18, 2016 - 08:07 pm:

When some cars are listed on ebay thru the "make" part of their system, a number of them end up as "others" even Model T's sometimes. Hupmoble is not on the list so it gets the "other" as do a number of other uncommon makes.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Harris from Long Beach, CA on Thursday, August 18, 2016 - 09:08 pm:

Mark, you are right. Sellers list orphan cars like Hupmobile as Model T Ford, Chevy, Hupmobile, and other in order to gain the attention of buyers because there is no listing for them.

When I was trying to sell my steam boat on E-bay they had a classification for steam boats but it was for radio controlled model steam boats. I had to list it as a 21 foot long powerboat and there was no place to select steam as the power or charcoal or propane as the fuel. I tried to sell to sell it on Boat Trader and there was no classification for steam boats so I didn't get one call when I listed it there.

I finally sold it on Craig's List and so didn't have to pay the commission that the other two sites charge.

So the poor guy with the Hupmobile didn't have a place to advertise and had to use Ford and other and we have to give him some slack. By the way that little Hup will do 50 miles an hour and will blow the doors off of a T. If you saw the film "The Reivers" with Steve McQueen the yellow car in that films was a Hup. A strong runner with a good carburetor, Bosch Magneto, and a three speed sliding gear transmission. They go like stink !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Webb on Thursday, August 18, 2016 - 10:20 pm:

A brass era restorer told me he searches model T on ebay, if you do not know what it fits call it model t.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Thursday, August 18, 2016 - 10:21 pm:

Realy nice huppmobile

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration