TT question

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: TT question
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Addington on Thursday, August 18, 2016 - 08:56 pm:

Ok, got Stanley (my 24 TT) all licensed and insured new plugs and timing set correctly, and new spokes and am thinking about takin him to town. So here is my question. With a Warford 3 spd, is there any concern about hurtin the rear end if I run him at road speed (probably 25-27 mph) for 15 or 20 miles? Truck is in very good shape and I am not concerned about anything else as I don't plan on workin him all that hard, just wonder about the worm drive at the higher speed. Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Thursday, August 18, 2016 - 10:05 pm:

25-27 MPH should not be a problem. You don't say whether it has low speed or high speed rear end gears, but you should be good to go either way.

An unsolicited comment: Does Stanley have auxiliary brakes? With the Warford it's a very good idea!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Friday, August 19, 2016 - 01:28 am:

How fast you will go should depend of the "feedback" you get from the truck ... engine
noise, vibration, etc. TT's let you know what is too much.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Friday, August 19, 2016 - 07:33 am:

Burger is right........

And so is Henry.:-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration