Another evening drive

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Another evening drive
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, August 18, 2016 - 10:06 pm:

I'm really enjoying these summer evenings, going out for a cruise in the roadster, exploring local roads.

Some folks have these cars and never drive them. They're missing out on the fun.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Thursday, August 18, 2016 - 10:22 pm:

Nice pic my jeff

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Hagerty on Thursday, August 18, 2016 - 10:31 pm:

Timeless... Classic... (The car and the owner)

Hallmark greeting card? ... Priceless!

My strong passion for a roadster just got stronger!

Thank You Sir!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Esik on Thursday, August 18, 2016 - 10:37 pm:

Looks as if your trying to run away from a couple of nuclear explosions!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Thursday, August 18, 2016 - 11:00 pm:

Terrific picture!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Bergmann Sydney - Australia on Thursday, August 18, 2016 - 11:12 pm:

Nothing like a top down drive at dusk in a runabout. Even better on a lonely country road. If you like the still, this is even better - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOI1dbMYaiM -
Thank you Steve, for both items.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n LakeOzark,Missourah on Thursday, August 18, 2016 - 11:13 pm:

Not to take away from Steve's thunder but he's right, get out there and enjoy them . I drive mine as much as I can, Like going to the store.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Anderson, central Wisconsin on Thursday, August 18, 2016 - 11:26 pm:

I love driving mine especially when it's HOT.
Even the Tudor is comfy with the windshield open....... :-O

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Jensen on Thursday, August 18, 2016 - 11:50 pm:

There is a full moon tonight. When the sun had set and the moon had just come up it seemed like a perfect time to take the T for a short drive. All is right with the world now:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Cascisa - Poulsbo, Washington on Friday, August 19, 2016 - 12:22 am:

Took mine to DQ last night :-)

Be_Zero_Be

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eugene Story on Friday, August 19, 2016 - 02:58 am:

Wifie and I took 40 mile drive the other night, it is amazing what we seen going 30 mile a hour over roads we drive ever day in a modern car. Had to come home with lights on, because we stopped to get gas and the car show lasted so long, just couldn't drive off from all the questions. Wife had her group and I had mine.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Friday, August 19, 2016 - 05:51 am:

Some folks would drive them a lot more if they had access to roads like that!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, August 19, 2016 - 08:20 am:

Yes, that's a blessing here. Lots of good Model T roads.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brendan Doughty Central wisconsin on Friday, August 19, 2016 - 08:29 am:

We just finished our annual Doughty 500 in Northern Wisconsin. About 300 miles of dirt roads. That's what T's were made for.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Friday, August 19, 2016 - 08:45 am:

I get one of my T's out as much as possible. Even finally resorted to putting the top up to get out of the sun in order to enjoy the ride. Doing more "headlight" runs this year than ever also. Been great.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Friday, August 19, 2016 - 11:38 am:

Envious, but not so much I care to move back to the states. So I live vicariously through all these picture posts

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By creston on Friday, August 19, 2016 - 12:19 pm:

Its not much fun driving my T. I live in the city where the traffic,lights,stop signs, etc. make it not fun to drive, and the T impossible to use.
I envy people like Steve who can enjoy their cars and smell the fresh air.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allen Brintnall on Friday, August 19, 2016 - 02:23 pm:

George: Looks like you are settling in to Missourah. I recognized the restaurant you posted a while back. Welcome to Missouri. Allen Brintnall S.W. Mo.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Keppler, Fredon NJ on Friday, August 19, 2016 - 08:01 pm:

yea Steve on those roads I bet you don't have the people riding up your ass wanting to pass you all the time.....perfect T roads

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George schmidt on Friday, August 19, 2016 - 09:38 pm:

On the road

I have never taken my 27 coupe to a show, I just like to take it out on the road to show it off and answer questions from kids, young and old.

George

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tyrone Thomas - Topeka KS on Friday, August 19, 2016 - 10:15 pm:

Steve, how is it there is always a photographer following you?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, August 19, 2016 - 10:35 pm:

A lot of the pictures are taken by my assistant, Mister Tripod.

The traffic situation here is a big advantage. A couple of years ago Ed Emerson and I drove the route of a planned Model T tour. In fifty miles we saw three other vehicles, and two of them were the same truck twice. In town there's usually plenty of traffic on Summit Street, the main drag, but the speed limit is only 30 mph. Out of town I stay off the high speed highways. There are plenty of good Model T roads.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Friday, August 19, 2016 - 11:40 pm:

There is something special with the evening air and the top down. Steve, you really know how to live!
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Noonan - Norton, MA. on Friday, August 19, 2016 - 11:54 pm:

Steve, great pic like usual. There is nothing better in my opinion, than a twilight cruise in a T roadster...glad to see you have your hands at the proper 10+2 location to prevent future adventures into another ditch. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Saturday, August 20, 2016 - 12:15 am:

I used to live in a place where driving a T would be super dangerous, with all the stunt drivers
and such. The weather sucked too. So, I reassessed my life priorities and left. Why live in a place
where it sucks ? There are things more important in life than a job or "just cuz".

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration