OT - My last New London to New Brighton an Paynsville video, and a personal link

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: OT - My last New London to New Brighton an Paynsville video, and a personal link
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Friday, August 19, 2016 - 01:36 pm:

I put a few pics and videos together for one last look at many of the cars and folks on the two tours. The weather cooperated with only one rainy day, and the tours were perfect in almost every way. One 1903 Ford bit the dust, hitting a tree and was disabled. On the big run Saturday from New London to New Brighton, 14 Fords began and 13 made it to the finish line. Link to a ten minute video compilation of photos and video:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/r7c1ndn67d6sg0c/Video%20Aug%2019%2C%207%2001%2002%20AM.mov?dl=0

Dave Dunlavy and Jeff Fries with Dave's 1905 Ford Model F:

Dave again with our own Herb Iffring riding along:

Carl and Anne Pate with their 1904 Model A:

Rick Lindner and Mike Spencer in Rick's 1903 Model A:

On a personal note, I left the tour for a couple of days because my 93 year old father took a turn for the worse. After being home two days it was apparent he wasn't going to recover, but had stabilized, so with the encouragement of family and friends I returned to the tour for the final Saturday run.

After returning home, Dad took another turn for the worse, and passed Tuesday evening with Mom and both sons at his side. I'll make this somewhat T related, as Dad and his brothers first car was a Model T roadster pickup they used to drive to school, from about 1934 through graduation. Dad went on to serve in New Guinea and the Philippines during WWII, then returned home and take over the family farm, where we now live.

It's been a rough week, and we'll celebrate a life well lived on Monday.

Link to Dad's obit and pics. As I said, it's not T or forum business, but it helps me close a chapter in my life. And sometimes you just have to do what you have to do........
:-)

Boyd Heyen, 1922-2016:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/67fsfw8n9m9ah6g/Dad%27s%20Obit%20and%20photos.pdf?dl=0

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Friday, August 19, 2016 - 01:43 pm:

Rob,

My deepest sympathy and condolences to you and your family on the loss of your Father. I lost my Father 20 years ago but there isn't a day that goes by that I don't think of him. Remember the good times.

Denny Seth

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Friday, August 19, 2016 - 02:07 pm:

Rob, I'm sorry to hear about your Dad.
I know the time in Minnesota had to be a distraction. I'm glad we had a chance to talk.
I guess our families have never shied away from an opportunity to serve our country.
My Dad served during WW2 in New Guinea and the Phillipines. He was born June 1920 and passed in December 1999.
They certainly were The Greatest Generation.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Friday, August 19, 2016 - 02:09 pm:

Oops, "Philippines".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Friday, August 19, 2016 - 02:41 pm:

Again, Rob, our sincerest condolences on the loss of your father.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Friday, August 19, 2016 - 03:06 pm:

Rob, my condolences. I never met your father but I know the family he made and the farm he built and I know he was proud of both of them -- his family the most.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darren J Wallace, Woodstock,Ont. Canada on Friday, August 19, 2016 - 03:10 pm:

Hi Rob, we will keep you in our prayers during this most difficult time. Our condolences and God Bless you and your family.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bruce Balough on Friday, August 19, 2016 - 03:51 pm:

Rob, My condolences on the loss of your Father. I lost my Father 15 years ago this month, and I wish I could talk to him just one more time. At least we still have our Mothers. My Mom is 91 and I spend as much time with her as I can.
Bruce

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sean Butler Huntington Beach, CA on Friday, August 19, 2016 - 04:17 pm:

Sorry to hear, Rob. Celebrating his "life well lived" would make him proud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Friday, August 19, 2016 - 04:27 pm:

Linda's and my sincerest condolences. That part of his, and your, life is coming to a close. It will be tough at times. And you and the rest of your family will come through fine.
I am glad that you put this on our forum.
Most of us do care about our model T (and K) and forum families.
Wayne and Linda Sheldon

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Hylen- Central Minnesota on Friday, August 19, 2016 - 06:53 pm:

Rob,

Sorry, for your loss. Happy for the wider up relationship that you shared with your father. In time, the good memories will outweigh the pain of your loss. I will continue to pray for you and your family.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Friday, August 19, 2016 - 08:12 pm:

I will try to post again - it will not let me edit correctly.

(Message edited by Hap_tucker on August 19, 2016)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Friday, August 19, 2016 - 08:32 pm:

Rob,

You and your extended family are in our hearts and prayers.

I found the short information at: http://www.way2hope.org/5_stages_of_grief_and_loss.htm a helpful review of the five stages of grief. And in my own faith walk I’ve found the country song by Brad Paisley – “When I Get Where I’m Going” helped me to process my loss and move on in time. It is located at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYHT-TF4KO4 . And remember to “turn off the video at the end or at least hit replay” as sometimes the song that follows doesn’t fit in at all.

Perhaps in some small way it can be a comfort to you as it has been to me when I lost my Dad.

God be with you as you and your family walk through this time.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dane Hawley Near Melbourne Australia on Saturday, August 20, 2016 - 05:45 am:

Sorry to hear of your loss, Rob. The obituary shows us a full and satisfying life, I am sure your dad will be sadly missed. Condolences to you and yours.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Saturday, August 20, 2016 - 03:23 pm:

Rob,Sorry to hear it!!! Bud.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration