My Condolences to Rob Heyen

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: My Condolences to Rob Heyen
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Friday, August 19, 2016 - 02:14 pm:

Rob,

My condolences to you and your family on the passing of your Father. What a great Dad. The photos posted on the other site of him are fantastic.Remember the good times. I lost my Father 20 years ago and I still think of him every day.

(I saw the link at the bottom of the New London tour thread but I thought I should post this separate. If you are upset that I did this please have the moderator remove it.)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - West Melbourne Florida on Friday, August 19, 2016 - 02:21 pm:

So sorry to hear Rob, I'm sure it meant a lot to him to have his family next to him. I lost my dad over 30 years ago and it still hurts sometimes.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Owens on Friday, August 19, 2016 - 02:36 pm:

Rob, After seeing what a great Dad, husband and fellow American you are I must belive that your Dad was a great guy also.
Your family will be in my prayers as with all my brothers and sisters in this world. Scott

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Friday, August 19, 2016 - 02:37 pm:

Our condolences for the loss of your father Rob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Friday, August 19, 2016 - 04:48 pm:

It is something that most of us do have to deal with. Most of us have to do this (mother, father, siblings) several times in our lives. It is always difficult. And many of us feel the pain when a friend goes through this.
Take care Rob.
And thank you Dennis for posting this.
Wayne and Linda Sheldon

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Friday, August 19, 2016 - 04:52 pm:

Very sorry to hear of this, Rob. I lost my Dad this past Veteran's Day. It's not easy, but having so many good friends and fond memories are a big help. My wife and I will pray for you and your family in this tough time.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Friday, August 19, 2016 - 05:03 pm:

Rob, You have our sympathy in this difficult time with the passing of your Father.

My Dad passed in 1998 and I think of him often.

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Harris from Long Beach, CA on Friday, August 19, 2016 - 05:41 pm:

Losing a father is painful as is losing your mother. My mother died the day I graduated from High School 66 years ago. She was only 44. My dad died 60 years ago at 60. He smoke two and a half packs of Camels a day and I have never ever smoked.

Life is very fragile, enjoy each day to the fullest and have fun while you can because that's why we are all here..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Friday, August 19, 2016 - 05:56 pm:

Rob and family
Our condolences from down under

Regards. Frank.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Carnegie Spokane, WA on Friday, August 19, 2016 - 06:24 pm:

Sorry to hear, Rob.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Friday, August 19, 2016 - 06:38 pm:

Sorry to hear of this sad news. My condolences on so great a loss.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By BRENT MIZE on Friday, August 19, 2016 - 07:38 pm:

Rob,
My condolences to you and your family on the loss of your Dad.
Cling to the happy times and the memories made over the years.
Brent

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kirk Peterson on Friday, August 19, 2016 - 08:22 pm:

Rob
Sorry for your loss.
Lost both mom and dad within about a month last year. I was fortunate to feel their love for me for 65 years. They were both born and raised in western Douglas County Nebraska.
My prayers are with you and your family.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Friday, August 19, 2016 - 08:44 pm:

Rob, my prayers and condolences go out to you and your family on this great loss.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Friday, August 19, 2016 - 09:15 pm:

Sorry for your loss.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Jablonski on Friday, August 19, 2016 - 09:46 pm:

Our condolences to Rob & His family.... lost my father 22 years ago on Aug 17th. Think of him every day. You will too.

Bob Jablonski

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Hughes, Raymond, NE on Friday, August 19, 2016 - 10:10 pm:

So sorry about your loss, Rob. Our prayers are with you and your family.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les VonNordheim on Friday, August 19, 2016 - 11:59 pm:

Very sorry for your loss.....my Dad was 97 and passed away last year. I sure miss him.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Kossor - Kenilworth, NJ on Saturday, August 20, 2016 - 12:09 am:

Sincere condolences Rob to you and your family.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Saturday, August 20, 2016 - 12:23 am:

If you need a dork to talk to. I'm here.
My dad left me when he was 78.
Sorry to hear.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett in Auburn Ca. on Saturday, August 20, 2016 - 01:53 am:

Rob,
Our prayers are with you at this time. Your dad had a lot to be proud of.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Page on Saturday, August 20, 2016 - 06:42 am:

Yes Rob,
That goes for me also.

Regards, John Page, Australia.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Saturday, August 20, 2016 - 08:12 am:

Denny, thank you for the mention.

Thank you all for your prayers and thoughts.

I will never be, nor should I expect to be, the man dad was. For whatever reason, he possessed the perfect blend of humility, compassion and passion to live a remarkable life. Growing up in the heart of the depression, he had a work ethic that amazed me. He always seemed to have two or more jobs, yet always made time for family events and activities.

One of my earliest memories is of him delivering mail (U. S. Postal Carrier), then jumping on a tractor and working all afternoon into the evening. Then, from my bedroom window, I would see the bright light of the arc welder as he repaired equipment in the shop for the next day to do it all over again.

I heard stories about how good of athletes he and his brothers were in High School, yet he never mentioned it. He never discussed the hardships of the depression, except to say "we didn't have anything, but neither did anyone else, so we didn't know any better."

As a youngster, I remember we went out to eat once a month, to the local diiner, and that was it. No other "outside" social life, just work, family, and church. I remember the day when we went out a second time during the month. Why? Because the farm was finally paid off, and that was cause for celebration.

Dad almost never talked about his experiences during the war, except one somewhat funny story that a few of our "down under" friends (John Page) may enjoy:
Dad had just received his third stripe (sergeant) and said he was happy for the pay raise. As a commo (now) sergeant, his units job was supply land line communications between units they were assigned to. During one refitting and rest period behind lines in New Guinea, his unit was next to an Australian unit. As he told it, the Australians had generators, and electricity, and the U. S. unit didn't.

A group of dad's buddies talked him (because of his vast knowledge of commo and all things electric) into "splicing" into the Aussie network to 'borrow" some electricity.

Dad did it, somehow without electrocuting himself or anyone else. When the power was applied in the U.S. camp, everyone soon learned an international lesson we now all know. Most of the world uses 220 volt. The U.S. equipment was 110V. It seems not only was some U.S. equipment damaged, the Australian generators were also knocked offline.

Dad was back to corporal..................

Thank you again guys.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Page on Saturday, August 20, 2016 - 05:07 pm:

Thanks Rob. Great story!
I lost my Dad in 2010 at the age of 95.
I agree with you in regard to the Folks who came through the depression, they were special people.
I hope some of that has rubbed off on me.

As always, very best regards, John

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration