Model T railroad inspection car ride

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Model T railroad inspection car ride
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Noonan - Norton, MA. on Friday, August 19, 2016 - 09:37 pm:

If you love T's and trains, then you will probably enjoy this....very cool. :-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_iE2uxZy9s

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Esik on Friday, August 19, 2016 - 09:47 pm:

A mini Casey Jones..Very neat!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Friday, August 19, 2016 - 10:03 pm:

Too bad we couldn't see what it looks like.
Has a '26 engine.
Nice close-up of the guy's finger.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Friday, August 19, 2016 - 10:20 pm:

The best of both worlds.
Thanks
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Tillstrom 30 miles N of Memphis TN on Friday, August 19, 2016 - 10:39 pm:

My step dad worked for the power company when they moved to Colorado. He was an avid train nut. Anyway, they sent a few of them down to Silverton as there was a substation between Silverton and Durango. They were on a Fairmont rail car to reach the substation which I think had its own branch off the main line. He took video from the cab. He lit up like a little kid whenever he talked about that trip. Almost wasn't fair to receive pay.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ernie Williams on Saturday, August 20, 2016 - 08:19 am:

We enjoy railroading as well as T's. I am on the slow hunt to find a donor T and a donor speeder to make a Model T speeder (for those not familiar, "speeder" is a nickname for rail inspection and maintenance cars). A bit OT, but here is a picture of one of our cars.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Hagerty on Saturday, August 20, 2016 - 09:39 am:

It looks as though the 1925 T railcar had visited the Boothbay Railway Village.
It appears to be part of the collection of the Owls Head Transportation Museum.1925 Track inspection car

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Hagerty on Saturday, August 20, 2016 - 10:00 am:

Here is a link to some info on the railcar.
http://railwayvillage.org/event/engineers-day/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Saturday, August 20, 2016 - 02:21 pm:

I was going to post a picture of the T railcar I helped build for the Portola RR museum, and then I realized it's on my fried Hard Drive. Oh well, it's been posted here before. Railcars are fun; finding a place to legitimately run them is becoming harder.
I still have my M-19--that's a two-cycle, single cylinder twin flywheel with belt drive unit that uses a wooden coil for spark--in fact the one in it right now is a T coil, although I do have the authentic Pontiac Coil for it. Oh, and it has T rings on the piston too!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Saturday, August 20, 2016 - 05:53 pm:

Neat thread and a nice video.

David Hagerty, I don't think the ride on the Edaville RR would be much fun...looking at the tracks they are only 20 ft long! :-) Nice railcar though.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration