Wiring Harness

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Wiring Harness
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Saturday, August 20, 2016 - 05:26 pm:

Put a new wiring harness on my 1919 non starter model T. Funny, the modern replacement harnesses never seem to have the terminals end exactly in the right places across the firewall or at the timer. You would think that would be pretty easy to do with four wires.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By RJ Walworth, New York on Sunday, August 21, 2016 - 08:51 am:

Where did you get the harness from?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Sunday, August 21, 2016 - 08:54 am:

Yeah, RJ, 'cause I never had any trouble with any I replaced. Weird.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Sunday, August 21, 2016 - 09:13 am:

Harnesses have always been an issue with me, because I like them to be right on. If a few wires are off a bit, sometimes you can pull the wire from the other end through the harness to where you want it to be. I've had better luck taking an original Ford harness to YnZ's Yesterdays Parts in Redlands, California. They make me a perfect harness every time, and even weave the Ford Script tag in too! The cost is about three times more than what Lang's sells them for however, but to me it's worth it.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration