My new air filter unit

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: My new air filter unit
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Saturday, August 20, 2016 - 09:51 pm:

The filter is Briggs and Stratton. The tubing is 1-1/4" plumbing drain trap parts in chrome plated brass.
The adapters I made of course.
I'll install it tomorrow on my '27

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Noel D. Chicoine, MD, Pierre, SD on Saturday, August 20, 2016 - 11:33 pm:

very pretty, Les. I've been following these threads and may do similar on my 23.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Saturday, August 20, 2016 - 11:36 pm:

Noel
Thanks for the kind words
The size of the element appealed to me

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eugene Story on Sunday, August 21, 2016 - 09:20 am:

My friends said I was having another brain fart, but why couldn't you put a small computer fan or what ever and blow air into the intake of a carburetor to work like a blower on big engines.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Garnet on Sunday, August 21, 2016 - 09:32 am:

Here's one with a fan - a turbine actually:

Garnet

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Albert Lemon on Sunday, August 21, 2016 - 09:45 am:

That is "one super cool look'n" breather Les, adds a little "bling" to the engine compartment !!! What model # Briggs filter set up ???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lester in Floyd, VA on Sunday, August 21, 2016 - 10:39 am:

I sink it looks pretty drain good.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Sunday, August 21, 2016 - 11:00 am:

If I did it again I think I would take the pipes to the platers and have the chrome removed first. Usually they will do it for free as they recover the metal back onto their anode
I'll post the model number of the element later

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Sunday, August 21, 2016 - 11:36 am:

Garnet
Using a vaporizer exhaust manifold for the turbo is neat idea

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Kirk on Sunday, August 21, 2016 - 12:34 pm:

Looks good!

The model # is on the filter, ebay, Amazon and others sell it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/311466110808

https://www.amazon.com/Briggs-Stratton-Filter-496894-272403S/dp/B0091H9AVI/ref=s r_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1471797033&sr=8-1&keywords=496894+air+filter

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Sunday, August 21, 2016 - 12:47 pm:

Briggs & Stratton part # 496894S/272403S for 12.5-17.0 HP
I think the second half of the part number is for a green foam pre-cleaner that came in the package which I probably won't use. I guess if was driving in really awful conditions I would
The one I bought is genuine B$S part

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Sunday, August 21, 2016 - 02:55 pm:

Installed with a brace to the carb/manifold bold

Things get a bit "cozy" with a dipstick too!!

Completed installation

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Sunday, August 21, 2016 - 03:08 pm:

That's pretty slick!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Sunday, August 21, 2016 - 03:16 pm:

Royce
Thank you

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration