Gas Line Pattern Question

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Gas Line Pattern Question
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A. Golden on Sunday, August 21, 2016 - 11:43 am:

When you buy a new gas line, a pattern page comes with it to show the exact bends.

One key fact is left out - which end is the front end?

The pattern:

Line

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Anziani on Sunday, August 21, 2016 - 11:54 am:

4" side goes to the sediment bowl, 28" side to the carburetor

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Sunday, August 21, 2016 - 01:19 pm:

That all depends on if you pulled your call into the garage or backed it in. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Semprez-Templeton, CA on Sunday, August 21, 2016 - 01:23 pm:

Drawing is for a car headed East.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Sunday, August 21, 2016 - 01:31 pm:

WOW! I can't believe I wrote "call" instead of "car"...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Sunday, August 21, 2016 - 02:27 pm:

....maybe you didn't,......"auto-correct" has a mind of it's own!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Monday, August 22, 2016 - 09:41 am:

I can't believe that statement! Interesting though, there is no mention on bending the part that goes into the carburetor, but then we all know that depends on the carburetor right James?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Monday, August 22, 2016 - 10:04 am:

Since my garage is north - south Will I have to find another diagram or turn the garage?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Monday, August 29, 2016 - 12:25 am:

Honest question James. I hear ya as my new T hasn't ran yet in my presence but my fuel line is in place.
I'm left thinking... OK, the 28" section is towards the bowl but what if I want a shut-off valve at the carb? I 'spect we bend a bit harder...
And above and beyond that, should the line be routed above or below the exhaust? The line on mine is above the exhaust right now and that won't do.
I know there's been mention of this before but I haven't searched for that yet...
Mine's facing south by the way. ;-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration