Help needed to transport a 4 cyl. plymouth PB engine/trans.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Help needed to transport a 4 cyl. plymouth PB engine/trans.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gene french on Sunday, August 21, 2016 - 02:38 pm:

i need a Plymouth 4 cyl. PB engine and transmission unit transported from Bethel Minn. to the northern Colorado area ...this engine /trans is approx. the physical size of a model T engine /trans. unit and weighs approx. 575 lb. total ...hunting season is coming up and i know that many hunters come to Colorado from the east and upper mid west to hunt ...many will have pickups and often small trailers ...i can meet a person in Cheyenne on I-80 or in Denver on I-25 or any point in between to transfer engine ...i will also pay a reasonable fee for this service ...Note...i have checked with Fastenal and they do not have a transport network that has the capacity to handle extra freight in this region currently ...any help is appreciated ...thank you ...always an optimist...Gene French 970-581-2808

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Hammatt on Sunday, August 21, 2016 - 07:22 pm:

Gene
Give me a call, maybe I can help.
Thanks.
Steve Hammatt
360-661-6060

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Hagerty on Sunday, August 21, 2016 - 10:30 pm:

What is a PB engine?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gene french on Sunday, August 21, 2016 - 10:46 pm:

steve...thanks for the call and email ...will want to know the bottom line cost of course but the time factor is okay with me ...
david...the 1932 PB is the last 4 cyl. plymouth engine built before WW2 ...was the final revision of the Maxwell 4 ...this engine is full pressure oiling with a counter weighted crankshaft ...2 3/16" mains and 2" rods ...198 cubic inch 64 HP with standard head and rated at 68 with the red head (richardo chamber )the red head rating was conservative since it was at 3200 rpm...very good vintage engine that will be used in my 1927 Dodge Brothers roadster...
thanks again Steve , email with the total cost and we can finalize details and pickup times ...always an optimist...gene french

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration