OT a Bit

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: OT a Bit
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Owens on Sunday, August 21, 2016 - 05:34 pm:

Iam ready to get started on the body and paint on my 27 Coupe and an A pickup cab. So I hear of soda blasting. Also a bunch of other products. I have plenty of air. 15 horsepower twin compressors and a 700 gallon tank. So what would you blast with and where do you buy it? Thanks, Scott

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Thomas - Centerville, Iowa on Sunday, August 21, 2016 - 09:30 pm:

Soda takes off paint, but won't touch rust.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, August 21, 2016 - 09:50 pm:

I buy sand at the lumber yard. An 80 pound bag costs $6.44.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Sullivan on Monday, August 22, 2016 - 01:23 pm:

Kleen blast cuts much faster than plain silica sand, and generates less heat, use 50 grit or finer, get it at boat yards or building supply, or sandblast outfits, not expensive, if you can find a industrial source. Dave in Bellingham, WA

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Tuesday, August 23, 2016 - 01:36 am:

When you are doing sheet metal, you will probably want to cut down the air pressure a bit, and don't aim the gun straight at the metal, but at a bit of an angle--it's easy to stretch the metal with the blasting stuff!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration