Hi intensity Led driving lights

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Hi intensity Led driving lights
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Seibert on Sunday, August 21, 2016 - 07:24 pm:

Does anyone have any input on installing Hi intensity Led lights on a T

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Eliason...........Whittier, CA on Sunday, August 21, 2016 - 09:27 pm:

Stock T headlights with 6volt 32cp bulbs give me more than enough light for speeds up to around 35mph. I also hate with a passion the glaring bluish white light from most of the LED's I see. I think they are a danger to the motoring public.
Best regards.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les VonNordheim on Sunday, August 21, 2016 - 10:21 pm:

I bought a set of driving lights from Super Bright LED's and installed them in the headlamps on our 1910 2 cylinder REO. Hid the small wires inside the rubber gas hoses going to each lamp. Very happy with the light they put out and they draw very little current. The LED's that I used are not bluish. Each LED came pre-wired with a small transformer which I hid inside each frame rail. I supported the LED's on the burner pipes with black tie wraps.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gene french on Sunday, August 21, 2016 - 11:03 pm:

Les:
since there was no contact info on your profile i will ask this question here and apologize for any hi-jacking of this topic ...
i saw in a old posting on the chev. 4 cyl. head topic , that you had used Ford 292 pistons in a chev. 4 engine and still had 4 pistons available ...do you still have these pistons? i am rebuilding a 28 chev. engine with standard bore and will be re-boring to some available oversize ...let me know by phone or email ...thanks Gene French 970-581-2808 email gfrench1953@hotmail.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Hughes, Raymond, NE on Monday, August 22, 2016 - 09:20 pm:

Brian: I too hate the glaring blue headlights. They, however, are not LEDs. Those are halogen headlights. Just thought you should know so that you don't dismiss using LEDs thinking they are the lights you hate.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Doolittle on Monday, August 22, 2016 - 10:17 pm:

Les- are you running 6 volts or 12 volts?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les VonNordheim on Monday, August 22, 2016 - 10:44 pm:

John,
I'm running 12 volts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Doolittle on Tuesday, August 23, 2016 - 06:15 am:

Reason I asked, I went to Super Bright LED's website and it seemed they had none that will run of 6v.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Laughary on Tuesday, August 23, 2016 - 02:19 pm:

There should definitely be a 6 V LED lightbulb that will work. We should post a link when we find it.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration