Wishbone Measurement?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Wishbone Measurement?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Dowell on Monday, August 22, 2016 - 08:58 pm:

I have been unable to locate the factory build specs, really the measurements only for the wishbone. Does anyone have these measurements from the Ford drawings. What is the measurement between the holes. Is the radius ball measured from each hole along the rods or perpendicular from the center of the holes.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Tuesday, August 23, 2016 - 01:36 am:

The center to center between the holes should be about the same as center to center on the perch threaded ends. If the axle isn't bent, the wishbone straight, it's ball round and the perches installed the correct way every thing should line up. There are 2 basic types of wishbones, over the axle or under the axle. All the 1919 to 1927 were the same dimensions. What are you trying to do or find out besides your measurements question. Why?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Barker, Somerset, England on Tuesday, August 23, 2016 - 06:37 am:

There are two basic types - above and below the axle, but there are also variations in the lengths of the later ones. I don't have the Ford drawings, but I can point you to some measurements. See here:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/179374/240970.html?1318687549

Especially see my post at 12:45 October 14th.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration