Moving handbrake lever outboard of speedster body

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Moving handbrake lever outboard of speedster body
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrett on Tuesday, August 23, 2016 - 10:19 am:

Would appreciate some feedback about how to move the handbrake lever/ratchet mechanism outboard of the frame to give my big feet some much needed room inside my speedster cowling.

Photos are always preferred for those of us with A.D.D!!

Thanks,
Mike in Texas

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth in Alabama on Tuesday, August 23, 2016 - 10:33 am:

Scroll down this thread a little bit more than half way and you'll see where I posted pics of how I did mine.

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/599638/665098.html?1470623918

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrett on Tuesday, August 23, 2016 - 10:41 am:

Thanks, Seth. I like your engineering...simple and looks cool!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Tuesday, August 23, 2016 - 10:56 pm:

This is how I did mine took one bad handbrake lever for parts and 3/4 round bar two clevis's
Some 1x1 and 2x2 angle iron and added the S curve for style
Still allow for stock brake rods or add a longer round bar and shorten the brake rods your choice
I have done it both ways

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Tuesday, August 23, 2016 - 10:58 pm:

Back about 7"and outboard 7"
All bolt up the outriggers are at a slight angle to each other to hold it true

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Wednesday, August 24, 2016 - 01:54 pm:

My setup.

Works great.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration