Mabye the oldest car for sale

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Mabye the oldest car for sale
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron frazer on Tuesday, August 23, 2016 - 11:01 am:

This little ad made me think of our Model Ts and maybe someday way past any of us they will still be around at 25,000 years young

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Tuesday, August 23, 2016 - 11:25 am:

Oh yeah, the "Flintstone Flyer". I believe it won the first "Quick Quarry 400" back in 24998 BC.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Tuesday, August 23, 2016 - 11:29 am:

My Dad Built a Flinstone car when I was a kid, the back "tire" was a log on a pipe axle, the front tire, he hollowed the log out and used the front wheel from my pedal tractor (I still have the other remains of the tractor) so it would steer. This was all for a float in the Kiddie's Parade for Railroad Days. It was so heavy, my brother had to drag us through the parade, I couldn't "power it" with my feet. Since we won first place, we were in the Big Parade, so my dad worked up a hitch to a (Hmmm, I forget the name, the were like a motorcycle, but made for off-road camping use) that he used to pull it, halfway through the parade the rubber tire stripped off the front wheel, so they grabbed an axe and hacked off the bottom of the fake front wheel log and we ran the thing on the rim, which kept bending and made it buck up and down--which just added to antics! The car was, maybe still is, in the unopened museum building at what is now "Railroad Park Resort." Wish I could find a picture of that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Tuesday, August 23, 2016 - 11:30 am:

I heard it was powered by methane gas which was the bi-product, supplied by the driver, when he ate an over abundance of brontasaurus burgers.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Tuesday, August 23, 2016 - 11:32 am:

David, I love that story.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Tuesday, August 23, 2016 - 11:38 am:

Well with the squared off frame rails instead of the forked bearing surfaces this looks more like a Bedrock Bomber, not the sleek looking Flintstone Flyer :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick J. Gunter -- Sparta, Missouri, USA on Tuesday, August 23, 2016 - 11:49 am:

Those must be "Goodrock" brand tires.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration