Cast Brake Pawl

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Cast Brake Pawl
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George N. Lemperes on Wednesday, August 24, 2016 - 12:33 pm:

If I were to cast the early brake pawl, would there be any interest?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Wednesday, August 24, 2016 - 01:03 pm:

I'm assuming you intend on cast steel, versus cast iron?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Wednesday, August 24, 2016 - 01:05 pm:

I thought its already being made?
https://www.modeltford.com/item/3458E.aspx

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Wednesday, August 24, 2016 - 01:25 pm:

Maybe it's the forged early version of the clutch cam on the hand brake cross shaft that was used from 1909 (after #750) up through 1914?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Wednesday, August 24, 2016 - 03:15 pm:

This?
https://www.modeltford.com/item/3432.aspx

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan McEachern on Wednesday, August 24, 2016 - 04:24 pm:

Chaffins has them as well- just replaced the one on my '14. They are a well made steel investment casting and are heat treated for long life. Make sure to order the stepped rivet at the same time.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George N. Lemperes on Wednesday, August 24, 2016 - 08:46 pm:

I was told that Lang's was no longer offering them. Yes they would be cast steel like the one pictured in the Lang's catalog.
I tried ordering one from Chaffin's and was told they were out of stock and they didn't know when they would get them in. I had one on back order for over a year. If nobody is interested that is fine. I am just thinking that, if I go to the expense of having a mold made, would there be any interest.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Dumas on Wednesday, August 24, 2016 - 10:19 pm:

It might be less expensive and quicker to make them on an NC machine rather than casting them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George N. Lemperes on Wednesday, August 24, 2016 - 11:37 pm:

That.is also a possibility.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration