OT Craigslist question

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: OT Craigslist question
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Corey Walker, Brownsboro TX on Thursday, August 25, 2016 - 12:22 am:

Was looking at Craigslist and found a tail light and a side light I want to buy. I click on reply and there is an email that's a bunch of numbers and letters@whatever.craigslist.org. Usually I get a phone number when I click reply. I don't know how to copy and paste to my email, I wrote all the letters and numbers down and tried to send an email and it won't send. I clicked on gmail in the little box on Craigslist and when I went to sign in it said I had the wrong password, same when I tried my yahoo. I don't get it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Thursday, August 25, 2016 - 01:44 am:

Corey-
Cut and pate the letters@whatever.yaddayadda into your email, then send your note.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Wilson - Omaha NE on Thursday, August 25, 2016 - 07:14 am:

To cut and past something:
put your cursor on one end of what you want to paste, I usually start on the right side
Hold the left button on the mouse down, and as you drag the cursor over whatever, it will be high lit.
Right click on what you have just highlighted, and you will get a pop up box.
click on copy
go to where you want to paste it, and move the cursor to where what you copied will go
right click again, another box will pop up.
click on paste, and you have it

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Thursday, August 25, 2016 - 09:04 am:

When you click on reply to a craigslist ad it come up with a page that lists several email servers. Click on the one that you use. It should go to a page you are familiar with, and then fill in your information for your address and what ever you want to say to the seller. Then send it

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Thursday, August 25, 2016 - 11:14 am:

Don't know if you are in the same situation, but on my "old" computer, I'd just click on the email link and it would go to my email page and I'd send the seller an email. But with Windows 10, when I do this, it wants to send me to some Outlook cloud type thingy that I want no part of. So I cut and paste the CL email link and open up my email page and paste it in to a new email header and do the same thing as before.

Some sellers don't want the calls or texts, so an email through the CL "buffer" is the only way to communicate with them.

But caution, it's also a way that a scammer would set things up. No telephone or personal email.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Corey Walker, Brownsboro TX on Thursday, August 25, 2016 - 04:33 pm:

I'll go try it on a real computer later. All I have is an I-phone. Maybe I can get in touch and they still have it, it's been listed 11 days, updated 6 days ago. If so I can get to Dallas in an hour so if it's a scammer they probably won't want me coming over. You have to look every day, but you can get deals on Craigslist. I bought a pair of 1914 sidelights, all parts, no broken lenses for $100 postpaid last winter. People selling that stuff usually don't have a clue what they are worth. If I hadn't needed them for my car I could have probably tripled my money on eBay. I need the tail light, then I can sell the sidelight.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration