What's wrong with this picture?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: What's wrong with this picture?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Thursday, August 25, 2016 - 08:44 am:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/291853402779

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Thursday, August 25, 2016 - 08:59 am:

Later replacement engine with restamped block with engine no. to far to one side? Something like that?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Thursday, August 25, 2016 - 09:00 am:

How about the casting date that says July 7 1920
may have been a replacement eng that was numbered by the installer after the original eng. bit the dust.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Thursday, August 25, 2016 - 09:27 am:

I agree G.R., also has later pan fwiw. No doubt needs a full rebuild. Too much $$

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Thursday, August 25, 2016 - 10:42 am:

The boss was much shorter in 1914.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Thursday, August 25, 2016 - 11:12 am:

I think people should look at the picture that show's the right side of the engine? Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Mullin on Thursday, August 25, 2016 - 11:59 am:

It has the long, one piece valve cover, too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Corey Walker, Brownsboro TX on Thursday, August 25, 2016 - 04:02 pm:

That motor has a 1920 cast date with the 1 of valve cover. I have a motor with a 1921 cast date with the 2 of covers. It's a replacement block too and has no numbers stamped. When I took it all apart there was no ring gear so it must have replaced a non starter engine but with the large front pulley. Wonder how long was the overlap in the valve cover change? Mine is a year later with the old style covers.also that motor has a 425,xxx number, my 14 has a 429,xxx number cast 10-29-13

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Val Soupios on Thursday, August 25, 2016 - 04:19 pm:

Rare 1914 prototype for starter and generator.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration