Internal Oil Line

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Internal Oil Line
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Zahorik on Thursday, August 25, 2016 - 01:53 pm:

I've been helping a friend refresh his 1922 engine. The internal oil line looks like a home brew rebuild. Looks like an original funnel soldered to some 1/4" copper tube. Looks OK. I was wondering if the later oil line with the large funnel would work just as well? Will the larger funnel fit in the 1922 engine? Mike

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donald Conklin on Thursday, August 25, 2016 - 02:06 pm:

Yes it will, be sure the funnel is securely attached.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Zahorik on Thursday, August 25, 2016 - 02:11 pm:

Thanks, it should make an improvement. Mike

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Thursday, August 25, 2016 - 08:44 pm:

Mike, if you fit a new repro large funnel tube, I would advise brazing the funnel to the tube before fitting. Donald is onto it.

Hope this helps.
Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Martin on Thursday, August 25, 2016 - 10:52 pm:

Mike,

The large funnel oil tubes get more oil to the front, and get it there quicker. There's Ford testing that backs this claim up.

If you decide to install one of the reproduction large funnel tubes, pay particular attention to the clearance to the magnet mounting bolts. The one I recently purchased for a friend's engine required substantial modifications to provide clearance. I ended up using an original funnel anyway.

The large funnel will fit In the earlier motor, the only difference should be that it uses a different mounting bolt on the field coil. Again, it would be wise to verify adequate clearance to everything.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration