Old Photo - A Sea Of Boater Hats In New York's Times Square, July 1921

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Old Photo - A Sea Of Boater Hats In New York's Times Square, July 1921
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Friday, August 26, 2016 - 10:04 am:

Looks like if you had a dime for every Boater hat worn in 1921 you'd be a Millionaire! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Friday, August 26, 2016 - 11:08 am:

Hey! I see Grandpa in that group...He's the one with the straw boater hat on! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - West Melbourne Florida on Friday, August 26, 2016 - 12:17 pm:

Jay, I have a feeling that the guy that sold them is a millionaire!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ALAN FAIRCLOUGH from Houston, TEXAS on Friday, August 26, 2016 - 12:22 pm:

I wonder where my grandfather's good felt hat went....
That was a good felt hat...
I have never felt a felt hat that felt like that felt hat felt.
And now it is lost.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Watson -Florence,Colorado on Friday, August 26, 2016 - 01:12 pm:

Forget the Hats ---Check out the Towncar

-Don

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Friday, August 26, 2016 - 02:24 pm:

something is going on everyone is looking the same way! i think someone is about to speak!! that could be my 1911 Russel knight no its a landlet. ha.ha. charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert G. Hester Jr., Riverview, FL on Friday, August 26, 2016 - 02:36 pm:

Alan, have you felt around for it everywhere you can think of?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Friday, August 26, 2016 - 03:20 pm:

The information I found on this picture states that more then 10,000 gather in Times Square in July 1921 to receive updates on the fight between Jack Dempsey and George Carpentier

Dempsey won the bout.

Where's the restroom Dad? I gotta go!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Friday, August 26, 2016 - 08:09 pm:

I have never before seen so many straw boaters at one time!
I have about eight of them myself!
Sometimes I wear one while driving my boat-tail roadster.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Keppler, Fredon NJ on Friday, August 26, 2016 - 08:13 pm:

OK, 10,000 dudes gathered in Times Square to find out the outcome of a fight and they're all wearing the same hat!?? That's strange. Is that sort of like if it was 1984 they would all be wearing Members only jackets?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Plank - Three Way, TN on Friday, August 26, 2016 - 08:29 pm:

I think there are more than one town car in that line of traffic.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Friday, August 26, 2016 - 09:46 pm:

looks like 5 to me. all taxi cabs. charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marty Bufalini - Grosse Pointe, MI on Saturday, August 27, 2016 - 09:14 am:

This is the last straw!!! And the first and all of them in between!!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration