Hit a Deer Last Night

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Hit a Deer Last Night
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Aldrich Orting Wa on Friday, August 26, 2016 - 11:30 am:

Hit a deer last night on the way home (dark). It was this year's fawn so IT WAS small but I hit it square head on. Bent my bumper and antique license plate. Pictures to follow.
Anyone know someone who expertly repairs license plates?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ALAN FAIRCLOUGH from Houston, TEXAS on Friday, August 26, 2016 - 12:28 pm:

Yes, but he is in Texas.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Friday, August 26, 2016 - 12:47 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Friday, August 26, 2016 - 01:24 pm:

Ouch Ed, looks like a terrible wreck - maybe it burned since there were no signs of any spokes left?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Friday, August 26, 2016 - 01:24 pm:

John, I'm assuming the humans came through it okay, but I doubt the poor fawn did, let alone the poor car! Sounds like minor car damage though, so that is good. One of my biggest fears is the deer, and around here they're out morning noon and night.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, August 26, 2016 - 01:35 pm:

If Alan is referring to Gerald, I believe he's retired. You might try here: http://www.finishyourplates.com/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - West Melbourne Florida on Friday, August 26, 2016 - 01:49 pm:

Around here the problem is Hogs, Nothing like slamming into a 3 foot high, 200 pound side of meat. My truck is just high enough to go over them if the impact didnt throw them. Can cause all kinds of problems. Back when I lived up north I had just bought my truck brand new, I told my friend that we should go buy a target deer, I will hit it with my truck and get that problem over with.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - West Melbourne Florida on Friday, August 26, 2016 - 01:50 pm:

John, Did your airbag go off? LOL

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willie K Cordes on Friday, August 26, 2016 - 02:17 pm:

If you were driving in Australia, You would be using a kangaroo catcher. Some years ago I drove in the outback in Australia and a lot of cars had this little frame work on the front off their cars to prevent damage from all those kangaroo's.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Friday, August 26, 2016 - 03:07 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Aldrich Orting Wa on Friday, August 26, 2016 - 03:16 pm:

Fortunately it was a small one and damage was minimal... to the car. The deer went full length UNDER the car and wasn't so lucky.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - West Melbourne Florida on Friday, August 26, 2016 - 03:17 pm:

Nice one Ed! I think I might try that at the next show.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Aldrich Orting Wa on Friday, August 26, 2016 - 03:35 pm:

Will,

Yes my airbag (spouse) DID go off!! ;)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Friday, August 26, 2016 - 04:28 pm:

John,.....sure hope you won't mind doing your own cooking for awhile! Ha,ha,.....harold (:^)

P.S. Seriously,.....glad it wasn't worse John,....just the bumper is sure no big deal.....right?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Aldrich Orting Wa on Friday, August 26, 2016 - 04:59 pm:

Harold,
Saw you in Sumner the other day in your A.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Fedullo, Milford MI on Friday, August 26, 2016 - 05:02 pm:

Regarding your question about a plate restorer, here is a list:

https://www.alpca.org/faq/restorers/

I use Dan Landino for all my plates and am happy with his work.

-Joe.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Friday, August 26, 2016 - 07:33 pm:

Ouch!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Friday, August 26, 2016 - 07:39 pm:

John,

I'm glad you are ok. Sorry it happened.

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n LakeOzark,Missourah on Friday, August 26, 2016 - 07:53 pm:

It's a T, Bend out the plate gently on the anvil. Same with bumper.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Tuesday, August 30, 2016 - 11:41 am:

John glad everyone is ok,maybe you need a coyote horn :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Harrison,Eatonville,Wa on Tuesday, August 30, 2016 - 03:04 pm:

Could have been worse if you didnt have a bumper. Looks like that saved a lot of damage.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Aldrich Orting Wa on Tuesday, August 30, 2016 - 09:43 pm:

George,

Was thinking the bumper saved my radiator!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Wednesday, August 31, 2016 - 12:51 am:

Bjorn did mine. He is just up the road in Marysville.

http://www.oldlicensefarm.com

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration