Headlight Test

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Headlight Test
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason Given - St. Paul, MN on Friday, August 26, 2016 - 04:26 pm:

No pictures, so I installed 6 volt headlights this past winter. Actually the lights came from an old 6V emergency lighting unit. But they look like tractor lights. I painted them black, mounted them to a set of existing holes in the front frame. Hooked up them up to the high beam selector cable. My T still looks a lot like the photo on my profile. One of these dayís Iíll get around to putting the fenders and rest on.

I have been good about being home before dusk, but it has been close more than once. I have been concerned about being out just a wee bit too late. Well last weekend I decided to take a risk, and drive around the block after dark. Well that drive turned into a drive around the neighborhood. They worked great! I could see the road, I had numerous cars coming towards me and I could tell they could see me. In the back I have bicycle lights that I can turn on to warn those behind me.

For temporary lights they look good and seam to work. So I guess I can relax a little bit about coming home late.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration