OT - having a scotch and watching Motown music on PBS

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: OT - having a scotch and watching Motown music on PBS
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Friday, August 26, 2016 - 10:43 pm:

I realize that this has nothing to do with Model T's but I can't help myself.

My wife has gone to bedside, my granddaughter is in the spare bedroom soaking up internet speed for the whole neighborhood, and I am watching a Motown special on PBS while sipping on a fine Isles scotch.

Other than the pleas for money life dosen't get much better.

I can forget work, the election, the bills, and the honey do list while watching the Supremes, Jackson 5, Diana Ross, Little Richard, Marvin Gay, Linda Ronstad, etc.

Time for another drink, but I get the same feeling when I drive or work on my Dad's Model T

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Blake, Kansas City on Friday, August 26, 2016 - 10:51 pm:

Fred, it was a wonderful time.

I think after the Beatles the Supremes are my second favorite musical ensemble.

My local PBS station is showing us baby boomers how to eat better to stay young. I think the two shows go together.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Friday, August 26, 2016 - 10:58 pm:

Rethink --

I realize that some of you will understand what I am talking about and some will not have a clue.

For those that understand I say thank you!

For those that don't, I say -
I am 71 years old, been thru lot, - lost everything except my wife in 72 in a flood, have been with out a penny and have been in good financial shape, have been employed by one of the best companies and been out of work, have bern happy to eat mac and cheese and had the best steak, so don't care what you understand or think.

I am proud to have the Model T and Model A that my Dad drove and know that I am blessed with memories

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Friday, August 26, 2016 - 11:01 pm:

Jealous. I have no Scotch.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Dugger on Friday, August 26, 2016 - 11:08 pm:

Fred, one thing your failed to include is that you are as you say 72 and the big thing you are looking a the grass from the GREEN
SIDE and not the roots
What else could you ask for--stay healthy and enjoy life ONE DAY AT A TIME!
Best wishes from CALIFORNIA--

god's country11
I am 82 and had a 4 way bypass in 2013 and going strong as ever

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Blake, Kansas City on Friday, August 26, 2016 - 11:36 pm:

No Scotch here either, but Templeton Rye will do. Al Capone's favorite.

http://www.templetonrye.com/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Saturday, August 27, 2016 - 12:05 am:

I had a large glass of milk with my supper.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Saturday, August 27, 2016 - 12:09 am:

If you're 72 and enjoying life, you are blessed. Anyone enjoying life is blessed.
A friend tells me it is much better to be seen than to be viewed!
I can say that Life is what happens when you are making other plans. This has been brought to my attention suddenly. It may be nothing, it may be something, only time will tell. That's all I can say for now.
I do know that any of us are far better off here in the USA than most folks in other under-developed countries.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Saturday, August 27, 2016 - 09:47 am:

Never developed a taste for Scotch. Give me a good Bourbon anytime, well almost. I'm 73, and just started restoring my fifth car, with one on the waiting list!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By JohnCodman on Saturday, August 27, 2016 - 10:12 am:

Hi Fred, I did the same when PBS did a show on Doo Wop music. I'm not a big fan of Motown, but the scotch wouldn't be bad.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adam Doleshal on Saturday, August 27, 2016 - 10:57 am:

Usually if there is something REALLY GOOD on PBS... Its during a pledge drive.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jared Buckert on Saturday, August 27, 2016 - 11:31 am:

I am 28 years old, and I know exactly how awesome this feels. When I was in college I had probably the best garage setup I've ever seen, and will someday have again.

I was renting a building with a couple friends, and this building was large enough to store at least four Model T's comfortably. At one point we had five of them in there, and it was a bit tight but we could still get around and do a little work. In one corner of the shop we had a sixteen-foot workbench with a vise on it and a Miller Lite pool table light above it. In the opposite corner we had our "Lounge." I bought a cheap couch and loveseat, and we had a tv, dvd player, and one of those record/tape/cd player radios. Just outside the Lounge was our kitchenette area. Full size fridge, microwave, and coffee pot. We also had a bathroom in the garage, and a loft over the Lounge to increase storage. Hanging from the underside of this loft was a chandelier type light fixture we bought at a reuse-it store.

We could spend the entire day working in the garage. Put some groceries in the fridge and warm them up in the microwave for lunch. When it gets late or you just get tired of cursing at the car you could pour a drink, smoke a cigar, and listen to some music or watch a movie.

Life was good, and I developed new life goals.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Elliott on Saturday, August 27, 2016 - 11:44 am:

Went to dinner with a friend and our wifes at a bar the service a very big list of scotch located
in Oregon City Or. If you want the finest scotch in the world, this is the place to go. I had trouble to find a scotch that I could afford. Some of the scotch brands are about the same price as one of my Model T's
Life is still good

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - West Melbourne Florida on Saturday, August 27, 2016 - 06:37 pm:

I like beer, It makes me happy ol feller! I think thats what Mr Hall said.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration