Manifold clamps

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Manifold clamps
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By thomas elliott nw pa on Friday, August 26, 2016 - 10:43 pm:

I just tried to post a picture but it's to large and I don't know how to change it right now (no kids at my house) What I have is two old style and two new manifold clamps, I'd like to have two more of the new type, if the picture would show the old type stands out to where the nuts will not thread on far enough (I'm thinking I have a vacuum leak intake, can not idle down and need choke even when warmed up. I'd like to see if I can get this out of the shop for the first time ! And I find the manifold studs are very tight in the block and I don't want to break one off ! I have no idea why the old studs seem short. I checked with Lang's about used ones but no reply yet. I'll pay Lang's asking price if someone can help, thanks. you can find me on facebook!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Friday, August 26, 2016 - 10:52 pm:

Send me your mailing info & I'll throw a couple in an envelope.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Myers_____Pittsburgh, PA on Friday, August 26, 2016 - 11:04 pm:

I sent you a PM with my phone number. I can swing by tomorrow if you want and can bring both styles of clamps and some studs. Have a spare carb I can bring if you want to see if that helps. Would be happy to help you get it on the road.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By thomas elliott nw pa on Friday, August 26, 2016 - 11:22 pm:

Mark I couldn't pray for more than that! I'll see if I can get you on the phone!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Saturday, August 27, 2016 - 09:50 am:

If you are going to use the earlier style, they take a longer stud. I like the late studs, because they have a shoulder on them, so you can't screw them in too far.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Saturday, August 27, 2016 - 10:04 am:

I'm with Larry the later studs are the way to go.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By thomas elliott nw pa on Saturday, August 27, 2016 - 10:28 pm:

Thanks to all , and special thanks to Mark Myers, he came over and we spent a couple of hot hours getting the distributor and timing straightened out, everything looking better and sounding much better now, linkage was not right and couldn't get enough advance tho' there was to much advance for start-up !

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration