Looking For Key Blank For Spencer Fatman Steering Wheel

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Looking For Key Blank For Spencer Fatman Steering Wheel
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brandon Beedle on Saturday, August 27, 2016 - 08:36 am:

Hello everybody. My name is Brandon and I just recently joined the forum. I currently belong to The Ford Barn and to the Jalopy Journal. I have a 1929 high boy roadster and a 1934 Ford 5 window. Here is my dilemma and hopefully somebody can help me out:
I picked up a Spencer fatman steering wheel recently. It's a nice wheel, the tilt works fine and is in good shape, but..........it doesn't have a key for the lock. I went to a couple of locksmiths and they couldn't help me. Does anybody have any sources where I can get a key to have made for this wheel. Maybe if I had a picture of one it could help out with the locksmith finding the right blank to cut. The locksmith I went to has been in business for 35 years so it wasn't one of the ones you see at the mall in a kiosk.
Thanks in advance.
Brandon

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Saturday, August 27, 2016 - 09:04 am:

Brandon go to antiquekeys.net.

They have a huge collection of antique and vintage keys and key blanks.

If you could send them a picture of your wheel, name and close up of the keyway they might can help you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brandon Beedle on Saturday, August 27, 2016 - 09:44 am:

Thank you John. I'll give that a try.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Saturday, August 27, 2016 - 10:25 am:

Does the lock have a name on it such as Yale or Corbin? That will help you in your search.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Saturday, August 27, 2016 - 11:46 am:

I suggest you try "modeltbug@aol.com. He is an old time locksmith and has thousands of key blanks and locks. His specialty is old car locks and keys.

just drop him an email and tell him your needs. he is inexpensive and good. I have no financial interest, just passing on some information.

just sayin'

brasscarguy

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration