Grandpa's Model T parts

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Grandpa's Model T parts
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Jackson on Saturday, August 27, 2016 - 09:57 pm:

Hello! My grandpa recently passed away and my aunts and uncles are asking me to figure out what his Model T parts are worth. Please help because this would mean a lot to my Grandpa for his children to get what they can for the things he left behind. He has a plane Model T frame and he has a number of running boards, all with the Ford logo on them.

Plane Model T Frame
Model T Running Boards
Plane Model T Frame - side view

Any help on what these parts may be worth would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks,

George

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Dumas on Saturday, August 27, 2016 - 10:41 pm:

You have a frame, gas tank and 5 running boards. If the tank is good, no rust inside, then I would say 35 for the frame, 35 for the tank and 10 each for the running boards, or about 120 altogether.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Saturday, August 27, 2016 - 11:04 pm:

tank looks like a log!!!! charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Eviston on Saturday, August 27, 2016 - 11:10 pm:

George, that frame has been used as some sort of a Table? Why did your grandfather use that for? Are the legs welded on?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Saturday, August 27, 2016 - 11:14 pm:

Most of the running boards have been cut, so not worth much.
If your grandfather valued those parts? Maybe the best way to honor that would be to collect the rest of the parts and put it together into a nice car.
But be careful. Model T Fords can be an addictive hobby.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Eviston on Saturday, August 27, 2016 - 11:14 pm:

Note that the legs appear to be rear crossmembers. Near my house are scads of things made out of frames and even a few buried rear ends act as 'deadmen'.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration