Great Saturday tour topped by a rainbow

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Great Saturday tour topped by a rainbow
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Sunday, August 28, 2016 - 10:15 am:

Yesterday our almost year old club, Firelands Timeless T's, embarked on another great day tour of 103 miles. 11 members/families, 4 cars. An eclectic mix of country backroads, lakeshore driving along the south shore of Lake Erie, to city driving in Avon & Avon Lake area. Stopped for a little visit in Vermilion to pick up our Presidents kids/grandkids and browse the farmers market. Barely got the cars parked before a bunch of people flocked to check 'em out. Such fun! Then off along the shore to a brief stop at a beach/park area on the lake. Gorgeous view of the Cleveland skyline and a blimp over head there. Nice visit at a Nature type preserve in the metroparks, then a tasty BBQ lunch at Bubba's. After that we traversed through nice neighborhoods working our way to the commercial area of Avon Lake to Cabellas. There I was greeted by a young couple very interested in Pete and his workings. By the time we left at 3PM it was 95 degrees! Talk about chestnuts roasting on an open fire!! But Pete's motometer stayed in the lower half which was fine with me. Toward the end of our tour, we made the usual ice cream stop about half hour from home. Sun shining brightly when we went in, greeted by dark skies and pending thundershowers by the time we got out! Were hit by strong outflow squall winds for a few minutes but no rain. It was fun. Barely half mile from home we got hit by rain. Not a whole lot, but wet. We stayed dry though. Pete not so much. Shortly after that, this fantastic day was topped off by a gorgeous rainbow with a second, lighter one next to it. Doesn't get much better than that. Club cars at Vermilion. That's Pete, the red one.Along the shore of Lake Erie. Super nice.Club members enjoying the A/C and nature. Little did they know I was lurking behind them! LOLLast but not least, nature smiling down.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Sunday, August 28, 2016 - 10:20 am:

Oops, forgot the young couple. My bad. They had me text the picture of them in Pete to their phone. The guy was super excited about the car and what makes it tick. Gratifying to see such enthusiastic youth.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Sunday, August 28, 2016 - 11:15 am:

Sounded like fun and great pictures too. Thanks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Sunday, August 28, 2016 - 11:20 am:

Looks like a great day for T driving!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration