Shout out to Clayton Paddison ...canvas top

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Shout out to Clayton Paddison ...canvas top
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Hoshield on Sunday, August 28, 2016 - 02:01 pm:

Clayton... I love you're speedster.... it's a great combination of authenticity, and almost-modern speedster. The profile is just right to my eyes. I have my dad's '24 roadster -now pickup, and could never chop it (but gi c en unlimited funds, I would be tempted on a parts car... :-))

I haven't dug deep enough in the archives for when you were building it. Where did b you source the roof material? Is it self made? If canvas, is it waterproof?

Lastly... I'm pretty short, but already have difficulty with stop lights when stopped ... seeing them under the roof. I can't imagine doing so with your top windshield removed. Did you lower the seat, also?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Hoshield on Sunday, August 28, 2016 - 02:02 pm:

I thkught b I rad some n posts some t I me back, that the canvas roofs were n options, or after-markets in Australia? We're they ever offered here? If not, I'm suprised....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Owens on Sunday, August 28, 2016 - 02:45 pm:

Dennis, You must be a text junkie as you shorten up your words. Hard for some of us older minded to understand. Scott

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Hoshield on Sunday, August 28, 2016 - 03:25 pm:

Sincere appologies... Poo-typing not intentional, however. That's what I get for 'typing' on my phone.... and not checking before posting!

The last post should have read... 'I thought I read some posts some time back, that the canvas tops were options, or after markets in Australia."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Clayton Paddison on Monday, August 29, 2016 - 02:23 pm:

Dennis!

First off, Thanks for the kind words! I'm still quite pleased at how well my car was received here.

As for the top, construction was quite simple really. It is made from aluminum tube (cheap, easy to bend) and plastic boat top fittings. They, of course, are not very vintage, but at the time were perfect for a novice putting a T together.

The top is covered in waterproof canvas (boat or awning type of material). I don't remember the exact place I bought it, but it should be easy to find online.

I have not lowered the seat yet, but that is next on the agenda. I already have a low profile seat cushion, but need more. I will have to section the seat riser about 2" to make a better fit.

Clayton

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration