State Of California 1924 Registration Slip For A 1917 Model T Roadster

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: State Of California 1924 Registration Slip For A 1917 Model T Roadster
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Monday, August 29, 2016 - 11:00 am:

Notice how simple the owners address is.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Monday, August 29, 2016 - 11:16 am:

Mt. Hamilton Road is still pretty much as it was in 1924. It connects east San Jose with The Lick Observatory atop Mt. Hamilton. Today there is some development at the bottom (the east San Jose end), but mostly it's a windy narrow 2 lane road with a zillion switchbacks. In 1924 the persons name and the name of the road were all that would be needed.

In the 1920's and 1930's my grandparents were friends with a caretaker at the observatory. My dad still remembers the drives up that road to visit when he was a kid. I'd bet they probably knew William F. Corder.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Monday, August 29, 2016 - 12:40 pm:

Old registrations can be fun.
Here is what I have -
It is a bit tattered and you can see that Mass charged significantly more than California.

Almost forgot - The vehicle that goes with this piece of paper is in my garage! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Magee on Monday, August 29, 2016 - 02:21 pm:

That's pretty cool. I love driving up Mt Hamilton Rd to Lick Observatory and beyond. I just took the speedster up there two weeks ago. It is great drive.

I found Mr. Corder's application for a marriage license online. This is from the 1/19/10 issue of the San Francisco Call.

Tom

corder

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Monday, August 29, 2016 - 08:05 pm:

Cool Beans Tom! Thanks for sharing! :-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration