Correct era straps and buckles. Leather? Canvas? Brackets? Footman loops?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Correct era straps and buckles. Leather? Canvas? Brackets? Footman loops?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Monday, August 29, 2016 - 02:25 pm:

"m resorcreating a WWI Light Patrol Vehicle out of a 1915 rolling chassis with a open light express wooden body. On my WWII jeep, a lot of footman loops which to strap canvas web gear and to hold bows, tools, etc to it.

What would be correct for the WWI era on this vehicle? I see some leather hood straps, so I'm presuming the use of canvas webbing was not prelevent yet. And what did Henry or Bubba use for brackets or handles to strap to?

Should everything on this be leather straps and buckles? If so, I'm presuming I'm off to the leather shop to buy bulk strap material and assorted buckles.

Thanks in advance for any insights.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Monday, August 29, 2016 - 05:07 pm:

The changeover to woven cotton from leather began in late calendar '14, so you really could use either one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Harris from Long Beach, CA on Monday, August 29, 2016 - 05:39 pm:

The fittings are available from Restoration Supply near San Diego, CA

.http://restorationstuff.com/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Monday, August 29, 2016 - 08:57 pm:

Great. I'll need to mount some Lee Medfords on the splash shields and some ammo boxes in the rear and a tire pump and the machine gun condensing can.
So, footman loops and web straps with brass buckles it is.

Thanks.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration