Some days I just look like a dumb ass, Other days I AM a dumb ass

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Some days I just look like a dumb ass, Other days I AM a dumb ass
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - West Melbourne Florida on Monday, August 29, 2016 - 02:25 pm:

Yesterday was a small car show to help show support to our local law enforcement. Everything went fine until one young lady asked if maybe someday I could take her for a short ride. The show was ending in about an hour or so I told her to jump and I would make a pass around the parking lot for her. So one quick pass around the lot and the ride was completed. Went to back the T back in its spot and she stopped running half way in. So I checked the switch, checked to see if I had spark on the plugs, Checked the fuel in the tank, Tapped the carb with a wrench thinking maybe the float was stuck. So I stood there scratching my head when it hit me, I had failed to turn the gas back on, Dumb ass. So everyone standing around the car got a real good laugh. Kinda ranks right up there with finding that lost wrench in your back pocket!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Monday, August 29, 2016 - 02:32 pm:

Will,

Yup, that's pretty dumb, you should have run out of gas half way through the "young lady's" ride...

Reminds me of a (true) story... an "older" fellow here in Michigan took a pretty young lady for a short ride in his T. During the ride, he told her that that was the first time he'd given a T ride to a pregnant woman. She quickly told him she was not pregnant. He told her, "well the ride ain't over yet".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Monday, August 29, 2016 - 03:07 pm:

Every day is the same for me ...

I am a Bonafied - Certified - Indentified - Qualified - True & Tried - Satisfied ....

First Class Dumb Ass ... :-)

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nicholas Lingg - Tarboro, NC on Monday, August 29, 2016 - 03:45 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ross Benedict - Calgary, Alberta on Monday, August 29, 2016 - 04:29 pm:

Coulda lost your key  . . .  .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael R Beary on Monday, August 29, 2016 - 10:21 pm:

We lost football game. Placed the round white plywood on top of front tire to put a 1 on it to show a loss and drilled a hole into the tire. I'm in the dumb club.
Going to make a flag cutout to display on Doodlebug to make a statement about the poor choice made by a 49er QB.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Corey Walker, Brownsboro TX on Monday, August 29, 2016 - 10:49 pm:

I did the same thing a month or so ago. My T gave me problems every time my cousin wanted to ride. It had crap in the gas tank and I fixed it. He comes over one day and I tell him get in I got everything fixed. We made it around to the back yard and it died. I got real irritated and then I felt I guess like a relieved dumbass. Relieved that all I had to do was turn on the gas, dumbass for not turning it on to start with.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Eviston on Monday, August 29, 2016 - 11:16 pm:

I know this is drift. About losing keys. Yes, that can get a couple real hot, and I don't mean in a good way. One of the worst no-holds-barred verbal brawls my now ex-wife of 28 years and I got into was her 'losing' her key rings with her car, home and work keys on them.She accused me of sabotaging her girls night out by hiding her keys. That would have been the last thing I would have done. I was looking forward to the peace and quiet.I gave her my spare set, and she stomped to her car cussing. Next thing I knew, my keys got me right between the eyes. Hers were in the ignition switch. Wasn't too long after that I got a lawyer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Tuesday, August 30, 2016 - 12:44 am:

OT, sorry to chime in about "cooperdick". Rather than dishonor our flag and all it stands for, why not take some of the millions he is overpaid and channel it into charitable places that would actually help those unable to make millions to do nothing and ride the pine.

just sayin'

brasscarguy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Tuesday, August 30, 2016 - 01:42 am:

I've done the same thing—and more than once.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Humphrey on Tuesday, August 30, 2016 - 07:34 am:

I'm with you, brass car guy...but I'll stop now...Nobody wants me to get started....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Severn - SE Texas on Tuesday, August 30, 2016 - 10:00 am:

A friend and I were overhauling his modern car (1980's) generator. Had everything spread out on some paper covering the coffee table in the living room. Yup, you guessed it, he drilled a hole right through the coffee table.

Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kurt Baltrusch on Tuesday, August 30, 2016 - 10:49 am:

I need all the help I can get to keep from being a dumb-ass, and as a gas company engineer, we converted lots of modern cars to natural gas. One of the items we used was a gasoline shut-off solenoid. These are available in 1/4" npt for around $15.00. If you run a distributor or e-timer (not mag) + 12V these can be simply installed near the fuel tank. They are listed for 12V but might even operate on 6V. Since I have installed these on my T's I have never once had to get out of bed and wander out to my garage to check to see if I have turned the gas off, and never have to remember to turn the gas back on.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration