1926/27 Roadster Top Bow Sockets What do I have?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: 1926/27 Roadster Top Bow Sockets What do I have?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Andulics on Monday, August 29, 2016 - 06:06 pm:

Bought some parts this weekend from a fellow who built a street rod from a 26/27 roadster 50 years ago. These top bow sockets were included and he felt they were from the original car 50 years ago. I've had people tell me they may fit a 26/27 Roadster but they are not original Model T. Any help identifying what they may be. Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John T. Tannehill III, Hot Coffee, MS on Monday, August 29, 2016 - 06:47 pm:

Not roadster, part of a touring top, but doesn't look ford.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Putnam, Bluffton, Ohio on Monday, August 29, 2016 - 07:13 pm:

definitively not 26-27.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Verne Shirk on Monday, August 29, 2016 - 07:21 pm:

They look like 1923-25 to me as the 1926-27 had a curve at the bottom of the bow that attaches to the body.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Verne Shirk on Monday, August 29, 2016 - 07:30 pm:

On second thought, I don't think they are Model T. I don't remember seeing the extra bars like a one man T touring top.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Monday, August 29, 2016 - 07:30 pm:

Joe
Certainly they are not stock Ford. That being said, they kind of look like they might just work on a 26-7 roadster. I'm guessing maybe a accessory top??? Turn it into a true "one man top".
This just some speculation on my part
I could be interested in them

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Andulics on Tuesday, August 30, 2016 - 07:10 am:

Les, have no idea on value, there yours if you want. One of the sockets is rusted away on the end but the others are solid. Plus it gives me a opportunity to put your water pump patterns in the same box.Joe

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Tuesday, August 30, 2016 - 03:23 pm:

Joe
Thanks. I've sent you my address. I trust the patterns proved useful

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration