An Old Newbie here

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: An Old Newbie here
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rodney Gifford on Tuesday, August 30, 2016 - 05:46 pm:

I just want to thank all of ya'll for the great posts and helpful info. My son and I are getting my late fathers '25 Roadster back in circulation. The last time it ran was the summer of '80 I had just finished high school and was thrilled to roll down the HWY as he showed me how a car with 3 pedals is really supposed to work :-) He passed that Nov and it sat until Feb of this year. My 26 yr old son was on a vision quest to get running again. With some help from a retired mechanic it came back to life. I just wanted to give a shout out to Dan Hatch and Vic Zannis for helping out with insight and a few parts and to Mike Benders most excellent Videos. Sorry I ran on....I'm just giddy about getting back on the road.
Happy Motoring,
Rod

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Tuesday, August 30, 2016 - 05:48 pm:

Congratulations! Pictures, please! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rodney Gifford on Tuesday, August 30, 2016 - 05:52 pm:

Thanks Mark....My son will have to show me how to do that....Old Dog, New Tricks :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, August 30, 2016 - 05:58 pm:

That's what I always say when a fellow geezer is stumped by posting pictures: Get some kid to teach you how.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joseph A. Stearns on Tuesday, August 30, 2016 - 06:30 pm:

Congratulations on your progress and have lots of fun in remembrance of your Dad. Joe

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Tuesday, August 30, 2016 - 06:35 pm:

Tell your son there is a 250K file size limit per picture on this forum, he may have to resize the pics to fit.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rodney Gifford on Tuesday, August 30, 2016 - 06:42 pm:

Thanks guys

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Van Evera in the U.P. of MI. on Tuesday, August 30, 2016 - 06:48 pm:

Rodney, the only thing better than getting an old T up and running is having a family history to go with it!!! I envy you!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Tuesday, August 30, 2016 - 08:49 pm:

That is great news! And it can be a great way to bring a family together. Enjoy the memories both those you have already had and those you are making now.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Tuesday, August 30, 2016 - 09:09 pm:

Great. The Model T is a very fun car to own and to drive.
Norm

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration