Curses! Foiled again!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Curses! Foiled again!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, August 30, 2016 - 10:12 pm:

I was planning to go on a club tour this weekend. But I'm grounded, waiting for parts.

Meanwhile, I'm looking at Dean's pictures from Utah and looking forward to doing some Model T driving out that way myself. Maybe next spring or summer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Putnam, Bluffton, Ohio on Tuesday, August 30, 2016 - 10:19 pm:

Hmmm. It appears to me that you are missing the front axle.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Fuller on Tuesday, August 30, 2016 - 10:28 pm:

Steve,

If I remember correctly, you have several T's.

Why not "borrow" the whole front end from another T out of your fleet?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Noonan - Norton, MA. on Tuesday, August 30, 2016 - 10:33 pm:

Steve, were you successful removing that stubborn spring perch?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, August 30, 2016 - 11:02 pm:

Ed, good idea. I do have one other that may work.

John, yes. I got it out this morning and will blast and paint it tomorrow if the weather permits.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Noonan - Norton, MA. on Tuesday, August 30, 2016 - 11:33 pm:

Steve, that's great!. Glad it all worked out.

(Message edited by JP_noonan on August 30, 2016)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les VonNordheim on Wednesday, August 31, 2016 - 12:13 am:

Steve,
Are you planning on attending the 39th annual Texas T-Party tour in Stephenville, Texas? Does this tour draw many T owners from other area's besides Texas?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, August 31, 2016 - 02:48 am:

I've never been to the T Party, but from what I've read it does draw folks from other states. I doubt that I'll be able to do it this year. Too many other irons in the fire.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Wednesday, August 31, 2016 - 07:22 am:

You would enjoy it Steve.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Wednesday, August 31, 2016 - 07:47 am:

Couldn't quite figure out how you were doing what you were doing in that picture until I spotted those jack stands under the frame.

I thought maybe your model t jack possessed special powers.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kirk Peterson on Wednesday, August 31, 2016 - 10:03 am:

Les
We have been on 3 T Party tours. They are a lot of fun with Texas hospitality.
Your profile picture is from the over the top tour in 05. That was our first tour, beautiful sites and new friends.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Wednesday, August 31, 2016 - 10:10 am:

That is exactly why you need AT LEAST 3 T's at all times.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Wednesday, August 31, 2016 - 12:03 pm:

That's why you need 3 Model T's. One to drive, one to work on, and one for spare parts. Only trouble now, is that all 3 of mine are running. My wife won't let me get another, because it would take the place of her car in the garage. I can symphatize with her and keep it down to 3. Spell check would be great if it would tell me how to spell words. I tried several times to correct the word which starts with s, but haven't found the correct spelling. Sympathy can be spelled, but not the other.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Val Soupios on Wednesday, August 31, 2016 - 06:10 pm:

Norm you obviously need another garage! Problem solved!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Thursday, September 01, 2016 - 03:46 pm:

Or, an enclosed car-hauler trailer, as long as you take sufficient security measures!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Thursday, September 01, 2016 - 04:47 pm:

Steve,

Did you get it repaired in time for the weekend tour?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, September 01, 2016 - 08:41 pm:

Nope. I got it back together today, but realized I have a medical appointment tomorrow so I'm not going anywhere. That's OK. I'll be going places later. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Thursday, September 01, 2016 - 09:05 pm:

Hate those medical appointments; I too, have one tomorrow. We'll see how it messes up the rest of my day/weekend!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Noel D. Chicoine, MD, Pierre, SD on Thursday, September 01, 2016 - 09:41 pm:

I, however, have lots of medical appointments so I can't take off for many drives or swap meets, etc. I'm also starting to hate those medical appointments. :-) Noel

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willie K Cordes on Thursday, September 01, 2016 - 10:33 pm:

Sometime medical appointments are necessary to continue living. I had six months of chemo treatments starting in January. I think they got rid of the colon cancer that I was fighting.
I am planning on making the next T Party in Texas.
I have a car ready to go.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gary hammond on Friday, September 02, 2016 - 06:06 am:

I lived in Stephenville, Texas for some years and worked at Golightly's Paint and body. A local man, Doc Blanchard, was in his mid nineties and worked daily building T's. He had a wonderful collection he and his wife drove. I painted a '26 Roadster for him. They had no children, only a nephew and niece, Doc used to say I'll leave them all to them. He certainly didn't worry about his age, he insisted he was going to outlive his OLDER brother! We moved east and he passed away at 99, I heard. A remarkable guy, worked in a T plant when young. Born in the Texas Hill Country, raised by his German momma, his German accent still so strong in his 90's you had to listen hard....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Friday, September 02, 2016 - 06:13 pm:

Well, my medical appointment turned out to be good news, the tests came back opposite of what they thought, and so I (so far) will not have to undergo many procedures and have a known limited life span--the model T yard sale is OFF!!! I do have one more small procedure to go through--in the office and about 45 minutes (and a week of doing almost nothing afterwards--that's the hard part!!).
We went to Shubert's and had Ice Cream!! (they've been there since the 1920s), and at home a BLT with tomatoes out of our garden--Yumm! Life is much better now--and would be great if I had Barney on the road again!!
Oh, and I told Linda she can once again buy green bananas! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Friday, September 02, 2016 - 07:07 pm:

David - Congrats' on the good news on your tests!

So,....went to Shubert's and had ice cream, and then a homemade BLT!

Just thought I'd let you know that you seem to be following one of my Mom's rules for long life! (....she live 'till age 96). One of her "rules" was,...."life is short; eat dessert first!"

By the way,....just had to ask,.....can you get sherbet at Shubert's? (....yeah, I know,.....that sounds like something that David Dewey would say, right? ( :^)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Friday, September 02, 2016 - 09:55 pm:

Harold,
ROFL!! Actually, I almost got their Lemon Sherbet!
I like your Mom!! That's my motto too--plus, if you eat dessert first, you get to enjoy it more, as you're not stuffed with the "other" food!
:-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration