Sidecar

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Sidecar
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Wednesday, August 31, 2016 - 11:13 am:

Copied from CIAMAG with permission.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Hoshield on Wednesday, August 31, 2016 - 11:50 am:

Can't say as I've seen a sidecar on a tractor before!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert G. Hester Jr., Riverview, FL on Wednesday, August 31, 2016 - 12:22 pm:

Well now, there's something you don't see every day. English sidecar, picture might be from over there. What ever it takes to get down the road, I guess. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Wednesday, August 31, 2016 - 12:23 pm:

It looks like a Fordson but I don't know what vintage. The Speed is not probably excessive.
The CIAMAG Forum has many nice old photos of Motorcycles of that era.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Greg Kuhnash Southeastern Ohio on Wednesday, August 31, 2016 - 12:32 pm:

Don't think it will turn to the right

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert G. Hester Jr., Riverview, FL on Wednesday, August 31, 2016 - 02:38 pm:

I had an older friend, now deceased, who was not a Fordson fan who would have said, "I'm surprised that sidecar was able to haul that lady and pull that danged ol' Fordson".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tyrone Thomas - Topeka KS on Wednesday, August 31, 2016 - 02:42 pm:

Run what you brung

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Wednesday, August 31, 2016 - 03:13 pm:

Maybe it's just an optical illusion, but Greg appears to be right.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Kiefer - Adams, MN on Wednesday, August 31, 2016 - 03:28 pm:

If that picture was taken here in the U S A where we drive on the right side of the road, I don't know what woman would like hanging out in oncoming traffic like that?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ALAN FAIRCLOUGH from Houston, TEXAS on Wednesday, August 31, 2016 - 03:36 pm:

Just taking the wife out plowing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Wednesday, August 31, 2016 - 04:26 pm:

They are both highway workers...She is used for the counter weight for the sickle bar mower.

:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Wednesday, August 31, 2016 - 04:32 pm:

My dad always said the English Fordsons went so fast you could never use top gear.
Ours was a U.S. Built Fordson.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Wednesday, August 31, 2016 - 08:48 pm:

Alan F, I mean, it IS only fair after all! She went out all those years with a horse collar and a rope PULLING the plow while he pushed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Thursday, September 01, 2016 - 10:22 am:

I love that couple with their go to town rig :-)

Here's another strange contraption - a sidecar with motorcycle?

jjj

(Swedish license plates for a Harley registered on a factory owner O. Martenson, Edsbyn, Gavleborg county in 1925)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Pharis on Thursday, September 01, 2016 - 04:33 pm:

In the spirit of half breed contraptions...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Thursday, September 01, 2016 - 04:55 pm:

The cyclecar Roger K posted is pretty cool !!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Thursday, September 01, 2016 - 05:32 pm:

Can-Am ripped this guy off
Very cool
Engineering at its best
Love all these done got'er did vehicles

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Horlick in Penn Valley, CA on Thursday, September 01, 2016 - 05:57 pm:

Kevin, great to hear from you! I just noticed that the photo you posted looks like the fellow mounted his V-twin bike inside a model T frame! How cool is that?

TH

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Goelz-Knoxville,TN on Friday, September 02, 2016 - 11:22 am:

I wonder how much dirt and mud that cleated wheel shoveled into the sidecar?

Rick

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration