Engine removal

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Engine removal
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Manny Kourounis on Wednesday, August 31, 2016 - 12:35 pm:

Hi guys,

Im pulling the motor out of my 22 coupe today.

it wont separate from the drive shaft.

Any suggestions?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Pawelek Brookshire, Texas on Wednesday, August 31, 2016 - 12:41 pm:

As long as you are absolutely sure the engine is unbolted from the frame and all bolts at the rear of the tranny are out I would block the front wheels and use a hand ratchet come-a-long to get it started down the frame.
PS-Make sure the wishbone is disconnected also !!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Wednesday, August 31, 2016 - 12:45 pm:

Manny, there's really not a lot holding that engine in once all the bolts are out. Two bolts on the front mount, 4 bolts in the side mounts (2 on each side) 4 bolts on the driveshaft/u-joint coupler, two nuts on the wishbone "ball" where it's hooked to the crankcase. You have to pull the wishbone down a bit to clear the oil sump.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Wednesday, August 31, 2016 - 02:48 pm:

Just make sure you've got everything unbolted as stated above. Its pretty easy to overlook something. If you've done those things you should be able to pull up on the crank and move the engine forward by hand. It doesn't take a much of a pull.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Manny Kourounis on Wednesday, August 31, 2016 - 04:40 pm:

It was the wishbone guys, thanks so much. I wont miss that one again!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration