There aren't many........

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: There aren't many........
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Baudoux Grayling Michigan on Wednesday, August 31, 2016 - 05:39 pm:

Automotive electrical rebuild shops, that you can walk into, and walk back out with a rebuilt Model T Ford generator. Ron Hellebuyck at H&B Auto Electric in Grayling Michigan, had two on the shelf :-) Now he has one, and two cores.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Thursday, September 01, 2016 - 01:03 am:

That's cool. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, September 01, 2016 - 02:03 am:

I took brake shoes from my 1951 Dodge to a brake shop in Wichita to have them relined. I expected I'd have to leave them and come back later. I was amazed when the woman went and got a set off the shelf, ready to go.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Thursday, September 01, 2016 - 09:16 am:

Had a place like that in Yulee Fl dirt floor shop older Gent I walked in with a generator for a 26 Buick he pulled one off a dusty shelf tested it and handed it to me... six months later the land owner sold the land and the shop was gone.....:-( no one knew what happened to the guy who ran it. :-(:-(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Thursday, September 01, 2016 - 09:31 am:

It's best that this old junk be turned into landfill. Make more room for
retail shopping outlets and vinyl siding dispenseries. You know, .......
modern priorities.

Just one glance at the old photos posted here (where someone then
posts a current Google image of the same place) shows just how important
it is to sterilize our world of anything that has character. I mean, there
are children who might see this old stuff, whose minds will be forever
poisoned with thoughts of rust and steam oil ! The horrors !!!

And what then ? A life wasted chasing old junk ? This must be stopped.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Eviston on Thursday, September 01, 2016 - 09:43 am:

In Sidney, Indiana there was Harry Grisso Hardware. In the middle '80s(which is yesterday) I bought a NOS Kingston L-4 off the shelf. Last one he had. Six bucks. Later he ran across coil points and some plugs, all NORS. Also, he had a few NOS radio tubes, '01A's,'99's and some newer stuff...

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration