I painted my turtle deck again

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: I painted my turtle deck again
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Corey Walker, Brownsboro TX on Wednesday, August 31, 2016 - 08:52 pm:

I painted it black a couple months ago and don't know why since the body is blue. I think I ally had black paint. I thought it might be ok but it didn't look right so now it blue.I know 1914 should be black but I like the blue with black fenders. Could always switch colors in a day.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Thursday, September 01, 2016 - 12:45 am:

Looks good!
My '18 is gonna be black chassis (fenders etc) with garnet or siren red body or some-such. Wrong? Yes. No. Just different like your deep blue.
Have you shown your "colors" yet?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dennis delano on Thursday, September 01, 2016 - 02:04 am:

that looks great, what kind of paint is it?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Thursday, September 01, 2016 - 06:10 am:

Blue can be right for 14, black came in later in the year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Thursday, September 01, 2016 - 06:32 am:

Cory,

Very nice paint job. Is that a base coat/clear coat system?

I painted my turtle yesterday too!

I'm even learning to say within the lines!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Corey Walker, Brownsboro TX on Thursday, September 01, 2016 - 09:17 am:

It is single stage PPG Omni acrylic urethane. I've never used base coat clear coat. I know GM uses it at the factory and I've got 2 Chevrolets with the clear coming off, that would be my luck.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Thursday, September 01, 2016 - 09:33 am:

Looks very nice Cory. I used single stage acrylic from the NAPA paint store here in town on my 2 cars and they came out very nice.

You don't have to use a clear coat to have a great paint job. To each his own in that regard I guess.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Corey Walker, Brownsboro TX on Thursday, September 01, 2016 - 09:47 am:

I need to paint the top irons. I wonder if I should paint them blue or black. I guess if they were bolted in the body before painting they would be body color but black if they put them on later.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Thursday, September 01, 2016 - 10:49 am:

Cory-
I agree that it would make sense that the body irons would be painted the color of the body.
However, on my blue bodied cars, I painted my irons black.
: ^ )

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Thursday, September 01, 2016 - 11:25 am:

I agree with Keith. The top irons to me would look out of place being blue.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Corey Walker, Brownsboro TX on Thursday, September 01, 2016 - 05:02 pm:

I got it on today. Now I need to save up for a seat.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Thursday, September 01, 2016 - 05:09 pm:

VERY NICE!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Corey Walker, Brownsboro TX on Thursday, September 01, 2016 - 05:27 pm:

Thanks! I keep looking at it. That set it off. I can't believe I finally have almost the whole car together. It's been on and off again work for 23 years.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Clayton Swanson on Thursday, September 01, 2016 - 10:22 pm:

i like it! my 14 roadster will be blue some day too, what paint code did you use?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Corey Walker, Brownsboro TX on Thursday, September 01, 2016 - 11:24 pm:

I'll get the paint code for you tomorrow the can is out in the garage and I just got out of the shower.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Hagerty on Friday, September 02, 2016 - 12:51 pm:

Is that a Hudson in the background? Maybe 1941?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Corey Walker, Brownsboro TX on Friday, September 02, 2016 - 05:20 pm:

Clayton, the brand code is 17935. Omni away (MTK) . David, yes that's a Hudson 1947 Commodore 6

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration