Windows in steel door coupe

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Windows in steel door coupe
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By thomas elliott nw pa on Wednesday, August 31, 2016 - 09:33 pm:

1925 steel door coupe, Just installing all new windows, everything went okay--but, both door glass is low at one corner (close to a quarter inch)on one side or the other, both doors, driver side to the outside, pass. side to the inside, what the heck is going on ? Door channels in good shape, new felt channels, Doors do not show being damaged tho' I did weld some cracks at the lower window inner panels, no way that could have warped the doors. Windows crank up and down ok and seem to be straight until within about 6 in, from the top. The metal bonded to the glass is on straight, I double checked that. Glass is cut right to factory dimensions, I have the original glass that I can check the size. I have spent hours trying to figure this out, I'm at a loss!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Wednesday, August 31, 2016 - 10:01 pm:

Could it be that the door glass window is on the wrong side? I have a 24 Coupe with wood frame doors and I do remember that the door glass can be installed on the wrong door if the glass bottom channel is not put on the correct side.

Try to raise a window without the window riser installed. When you do you should be able to see what's going on as far the window closing squarely or not. Hopes this helps.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By thomas elliott nw pa on Thursday, September 01, 2016 - 07:11 pm:

John that is why I double checked the glass size and took a second look at the channel that's bonded to the glass, I was wrong in one description of the glass fitting, important too, the glass is low on the outer corners on both doors, that is nuts to me, the lift arm's are closer to the outside of the glass and I would think that would lift the outside higher not lower! Guess I have to make it up with the upper seal. I might mention that the channel on the bottom of the glass is the same on both sides, I thought that might be a problem but the windows work just fine, now I'm wondering if both of those channels are WRONG for a steel door coupe!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration