Old Photo - Well Stocked Model T Era Accessory Store

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Old Photo - Well Stocked Model T Era Accessory Store
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Thursday, September 01, 2016 - 10:22 am:

Here's the full size photo that I took of the original photo for those that would like to enlarge and print it.

http://s290.photobucket.com/user/fordmodelt/media/accessory%20counter_zpsapxo9wa8.jpg.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Thursday, September 01, 2016 - 11:19 am:

Boy oh boy. Talk about a candy store....... :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Thursday, September 01, 2016 - 11:27 am:

I believe all that stuff is in Jay in Northern Calif's collection now :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Thursday, September 01, 2016 - 11:39 am:

Fantastic Photo. Where's my paint brush?
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Thursday, September 01, 2016 - 11:40 am:

I see several boxes of accessory brakes for Ford cars, 6 tire pumps, 4 car jacks, but what I like is the rope on the counter. Perhaps it's used for tire traction or to pull out a Che*y !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Thursday, September 01, 2016 - 11:59 am:

Yeah; wouldn't you like to find those A-C brakes today in their original boxes?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Thursday, September 01, 2016 - 12:17 pm:

Are there guesses as to what year this was? The abundance of sidelights and the straight accessory windshield make it appear to be before the high hood and slant windshield. The steering wheels seem to be the smaller version also. The headlight in the front case may have a clear lens too.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ALAN FAIRCLOUGH from Houston, TEXAS on Thursday, September 01, 2016 - 12:23 pm:

All this jewelry at great prices too...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Hoshield on Thursday, September 01, 2016 - 01:21 pm:

I have not seen that H pattern steering g wheel before.... NICE pic!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Heavner on Thursday, September 01, 2016 - 02:09 pm:

I am putting a set of AC brakes on my '20 runabout. It is nice to see what the original box looked like. Thanks for posting.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Heavner on Thursday, September 01, 2016 - 02:11 pm:

Is that H pattern steering wheel a fat man steering wheel?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Eviston on Thursday, September 01, 2016 - 02:31 pm:

I had an 'H' steering wheel either close or identical to that one. It was not hinged; it slid up. My guess is that was just before the Radio boom, say late '21.Most auto accessory outfits were into radio in varying degrees.No mention is made that I can see.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Thursday, September 01, 2016 - 02:38 pm:

David, thanks for pointing out the AC brake boxes.

It's OT, but at first glance, I was a little surprised to see that the boxes were corrugated cardboard. However, it turns out that corrugated cardboard boxes were available starting the last decade of the 19th century:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corrugated_fiberboard#History

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Thursday, September 01, 2016 - 03:35 pm:

What town and street address? I gotta fire up the Wayback Machine!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth in Alabama on Thursday, September 01, 2016 - 03:54 pm:

And just imagine the stuff NOT in the picture. I bet there were OHVs and wicked carbs in the back.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Thursday, September 01, 2016 - 05:19 pm:

Seth,
Well, OF COURSE they were in the back, you never know when a youngster might wander in, gotta protect those young eyes from such stuff!!!
I could probably fund my retirement if I ran across a stash like that!! Wowziers!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin Vowell, Sylmar, CA on Thursday, September 01, 2016 - 05:55 pm:

Don't you just wish you could stroll in there and buy out about half the store? Sure wish I could. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robbie Price on Thursday, September 01, 2016 - 05:59 pm:

Didn't someone post a thread about one of those chairs hanging on the wall in the top center of the photograph?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Thursday, September 01, 2016 - 06:25 pm:

The H steering wheel is a Neville sliding Fat Man wheel. I have one for my new roadster. There's some contention about there being a special T ford one which is concave like the original T wheel. Mine is like the one shown, convex, but I put the T keyed centre in mine. The original centre hole was tapered.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Eddie on Thursday, September 01, 2016 - 06:37 pm:

What's that thing on the front corner of the table, beside the tire pumps?...looks like an air cylinder of some sort?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Eviston on Thursday, September 01, 2016 - 06:49 pm:

Allan, I can't prove it, but mine was emphatically a T wheel because I got it on a T steering gear.It may not have been a Neville but that is how it worked. It went to a T guy in Warsaw,Indiana,a great big guy(like I am now) and I remember he offered me what was then crazy money for it but we traded. Got a huge bunch of common parts for it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Thursday, September 01, 2016 - 06:57 pm:

Robbie' here's a link to the folding chair thread.

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/599638/658238.html?1468221440

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Eyssen - Abilene TX on Thursday, September 01, 2016 - 07:44 pm:

Dave: Looks like a running board mounted tire pump.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Thursday, September 01, 2016 - 07:47 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Thursday, September 01, 2016 - 07:50 pm:

Bob Bergstadt was reproducing them
http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/411944/437233.html?1397528994

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Thursday, September 01, 2016 - 07:51 pm:

This is the one for the T I understand

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Thursday, September 01, 2016 - 09:55 pm:

At first glance I thought it was a hold up.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Heavner on Friday, September 02, 2016 - 06:54 pm:

Mark. I wasn't thinking about the history of corrugated boxes. Thanks for the history lesson. The things you learn on the forum. And I didn't know there was a fat man that slid up and down.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Friday, September 02, 2016 - 06:56 pm:

Great photo, so much to absorb

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Hoshield on Friday, September 02, 2016 - 07:04 pm:

Ed, Allen, etc... thanks for the education on the "H" Slider! And now we know!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Thursday, September 15, 2016 - 02:35 pm:

"Just For Fun" I'm not sure there is anything as captivating as the old Black and White photos. I still try to imagine the colors. I set this up to photograph much like I set up for paintings. It's nice to have some props around.
Thanks Jay and the rest of you for teasing our imaginations.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Thursday, September 15, 2016 - 10:37 pm:

Neat photo setup Richard!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration