Lost a headlight ring

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Lost a headlight ring
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Addington on Thursday, September 01, 2016 - 05:44 pm:

Took Stanley out for a drive the other evening and ended up loosing one of my headlight rings along the county road. Noticed it the next morning and went lookin. Found it but it had been run over. So ordered a new one. I see that there are some pictures of TT trucks that have the rings painted black and others are nickel coated or maybe repro ones that are stainless. So in 24 were they originally painted black on the TT or were they nickel coated?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Eviston on Thursday, September 01, 2016 - 05:50 pm:

TT was always black. Even the radiator shell.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Addington on Thursday, September 01, 2016 - 05:59 pm:

Ok thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James L. Bodkin - Jim on Thursday, September 01, 2016 - 09:25 pm:

Isn't it nice that we can simply 'order' a new part for a 92 year old car?

Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Addington on Thursday, September 01, 2016 - 09:40 pm:

yes

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By JohnCodman on Friday, September 02, 2016 - 05:54 pm:

I ordered repros for my '27 from a good supplier that we all know. They didn't fit. I wound up sending the originals out to be re-nickle plated.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Horlick in Penn Valley, CA on Saturday, September 03, 2016 - 02:11 pm:

Steve, I did the same a few weeks ago. Looking in vain for a replacement bezel and lens I ended up just grabbing a rough headlight on E-bay. It cost less than a new lens and I ended up with a good lens and bezel with the correct patina for Rusty. I also have a spare useable and a bucket in case I ever own a mid '20's T.

TH

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration