Paint remover

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Paint remover
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Broussard on Thursday, September 01, 2016 - 10:13 pm:

Does anyone have a good paint remover for this old Black Laquer

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Thursday, September 01, 2016 - 10:16 pm:

Air craft stripper works,but is messy and takes more than one application. Media blasting is best.IMO

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Broussard on Thursday, September 01, 2016 - 10:35 pm:

A brand is what I was looking for...thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Thursday, September 01, 2016 - 10:45 pm:

Have used Citrustrip brand paint/varnish remover on 50 yr old enamel. Works good and smells nice.

If old Ford Gilsonite paint that stuff is tough!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Friday, September 02, 2016 - 08:02 am:

Good ol' Lacquer thinner should do the trick. Stripped my model A fenders to the bare with it coupla years ago. Messy, but worked fine.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Friday, September 02, 2016 - 09:23 am:

Go to Ace Hardware. They have a couple of brands that work pretty well. Cant remember the names but they work good.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Friday, September 02, 2016 - 09:45 am:

I don't know if it's cheapest but it works. Lacquer thinner. It is, as Tim says, messy but I guess they all are.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Dumas on Friday, September 02, 2016 - 09:53 am:

Aircraft Stripper is a brand name sold by automotive paint suppliers. Its very good but use it outside with plenty of ventilation. You can get it in quarts or gallons. Don't buy more than what you need, it does not store well once opened.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rodney Gifford on Friday, September 02, 2016 - 10:22 am:

I've been in the furniture refinishing business close to 40yrs I've always found products with a
methylene chloride base to work really well. Kutzit is one of my go-to's for that. You'll want plenty of fresh air though

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Todd, ............Red Deer, Alberta on Friday, September 02, 2016 - 10:52 am:

I've read recently about using oven cleaner for paint remover, the cheap stuff from the $ store.
Haven't tried it myself yet.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Sunday, September 04, 2016 - 05:45 am:

What are you wanting to strip? Most hot tanks at a machine shop will remove the paint when parts are put in them. It takes off paint along with all the grease off blocks and rear end housings. My guy charges me $10.00 a part to tank stuff. Dan

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration