Old Photo - Everyday In Rushmore, Minn.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Old Photo - Everyday In Rushmore, Minn.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Thursday, September 01, 2016 - 10:45 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gary hammond on Friday, September 02, 2016 - 05:45 am:

All gone to dust and rust....all gone.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Hylen- Central Minnesota on Friday, September 02, 2016 - 11:32 am:

I love these old photos. For many years, I enjoyed being able to find a Ford in nearly every photo. Now, armed with a little more knowledge about early makes, I seem to find a Maxwell in nearly every photo too. This time, it's the 3rd from the right as we look at the picture.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Sunday, September 04, 2016 - 09:18 am:

# 1 on right overland 09 or 10. charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Sunday, September 04, 2016 - 09:41 am:

In Minnesota every day is the fourth of July if it's not snowing!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Sunday, September 04, 2016 - 11:35 am:

There are other photos of that brick building in Rushmore but I don't think it survives today.

The photo was most likely taken in 1909 based on the cars because of the color of the license plate:

1909 = silver over red

1910 = gold over black - I don't think the gold would show up bright like in the photo

1911 = white over dark blue - however, only one plate was issued per car and it was displayed on the back

1912-13-14 = black over aluminum or tin

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Sunday, September 04, 2016 - 11:50 pm:

Rushmore is so close to Minnesota's Southern border the natives speak Iowegian.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Monday, September 05, 2016 - 12:21 am:

Tourism really dropped off when they moved Mount Rushmore to South Dakota.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Monday, September 05, 2016 - 11:04 am:

They had to move it. They wanted it to be in the United States.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Monday, September 05, 2016 - 11:33 am:

Good point. As if it isn't bad enough, these people speaking Iowegian and eatin' da hotdish, don'cha know ?!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Monday, September 05, 2016 - 12:50 pm:

Yah, shure! By Gott dey like dat hotdish!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration