Windows in steel door coupe

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Windows in steel door coupe
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By thomas elliott nw pa on Friday, September 02, 2016 - 12:49 pm:

I posted the other day about my door glass not fitting at the top leaving a gap at the outer edge when full up. I just measured the glass opening at the outside, 19 1/2 in. outside, 19 in. inside, Both doors are made this way !The number stamped on the pass. side floor riser is B1352218, The glass is square at the bottom rolled down but the top of the opening is higher 1/2" to the outside top. It is not fixable, the doors are made this way !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Friday, September 02, 2016 - 01:16 pm:

Do your doors close properly along the frame and body? If they seal properly then put a carpenters square in one corner of the window at the hinge side and see it the door top slopes or is square. My '22 Coupe has a slope in the top of the door and the glass must be cut accordingly. Check the glass with a square too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Friday, September 02, 2016 - 02:41 pm:

Dennis S. raised the same thought that I have. Going by the description of how you have a gap and the glass not fitting all the way to the top makes me think that the glass is not cut correctly.

T Coupes have a slope at the top of the doors to the front of the car. If the glass is not cut accordingly to fit the slope it wont close correctly. Your correct that the glass openings aren't square. All T coupe doors are made that way I believe.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Page on Friday, September 02, 2016 - 04:19 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ALAN FAIRCLOUGH from Houston, TEXAS on Friday, September 02, 2016 - 04:42 pm:

Maybe the glass panes are reversed....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Page on Friday, September 02, 2016 - 06:18 pm:

For Galen who messaged me.
The information I posted above is from a small booklet that most of the Vendors sell.
I have attached the relevant pages for your Coupe.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Page on Friday, September 02, 2016 - 06:19 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By thomas elliott nw pa on Friday, September 02, 2016 - 10:22 pm:

Thanks John Page! your first picture for 1924-27 coupes is the answer. I was assuming (wrong again) that the original old glass was right! A 91 year old car does have many changes over the years, the old glass that was in my car is not cut right and the company that cut my glass had the same dimensions in their book.I had never seen the glass specs you posted, thanks, I'll get new glass cut! Problem with the picture size you posted, I can not make out the fractional dim. for the height, my glass is about 21 in. I don't have the numbers handy, so to get glass recut I want the original factory size. I was not aware that the glass book was available from vendors, to late to buy that now!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration