Rebuilt Model T Starter

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Rebuilt Model T Starter
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brent in 10-uh-C on Friday, September 02, 2016 - 01:16 pm:

Does anyone on here sell a rebuilt Model-T starter outright? We need one before OCF next week, and this one was an LD Becker unit which broke the casting, so there is no core. Any leads would be greatly appreciated.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan McEachern on Friday, September 02, 2016 - 05:07 pm:

Coilman

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house . . .caldwell county, TX on Friday, September 02, 2016 - 05:33 pm:

Ken Kopsky

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Friday, September 02, 2016 - 05:45 pm:

Brent,

With the warm weather, you can easily remove the starter and just put on a flat plate to keep the oil inside the transmission. Remove one of the wires from the starter switch. Then use the "arm strong starter" at the front of the car. Of course for some they may have a medical reason not to hand crank -- I had a friend with a bad back and he couldn't bend down or over very easily. So hand cranking a T would not be something he would want to do.

You might also want to say what voltage starter you are looking for -- stock 6 volt or something else.

Note, Lang's sells them with a $60 core charge so you could purchase one outright, pay the core charge and then find a core and send back to them.

And as recently as Feb 2015 there was a posting about Becker's starters that are also sold out right in several voltages. See the thread at: http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/506218/519893.html?1424482304 that is from Feb 2015 for additional contact information. And from memory -- if a Becker starter failed for some defective reason I think I read they would honor his Dad's promise to repair of fix it. I may have that confused with someone else but that is what came to mind.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Randall Strickland, Lambsburg Va on Saturday, September 03, 2016 - 05:36 pm:

Try gaslight.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration