Making a ''new'' set of T wheels

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Making a ''new'' set of T wheels
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gary hammond on Saturday, September 03, 2016 - 04:58 am:

Here is a labor intensive way to get a set of T wood wheels....partsnew spokes

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gary hammond on Saturday, September 03, 2016 - 05:14 am:

ooops wrong button.....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gary hammond on Saturday, September 03, 2016 - 05:16 am:

A big thanks to Steve for his utube video.....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John T. Tannehill III, Hot Coffee, MS on Saturday, September 03, 2016 - 07:40 am:

Very nice Gary, I need to do some wheels also. Did you check for run out? If so was there and how did you correct for it. Thanks John

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gary hammond on Saturday, September 03, 2016 - 09:03 am:

As long as your hub flanges are straight and the felloes are not bent you should not have any issues. I went over all my parts and made sure they were as good as I could make them before I started. Most runout issues are with the demountable rims. Best of luck!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gary hammond on Saturday, September 03, 2016 - 09:05 am:

As long as your hub flanges are straight and the felloes are not bent you should not have any issues. I went over all my parts and made sure they were as good as I could make them before I started. Most runout issues are with the demountable rims. Best of luck!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By thomas elliott nw pa on Saturday, September 03, 2016 - 10:48 pm:

I want to try rebuilding my two front wheels this winter, they have new tires and tubes on refurbished demountable rims but the wheels are as original, spokes look ok and tight but when I pulled the tires and rims off the spoke ends seem pretty soft, I'll keep an eye until rebuild, besides, I just want to do it!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gary hammond on Sunday, September 04, 2016 - 04:31 am:

I got my spokes from Noah Stutzman 33656 C.R.12, BALTIC,OH 43804 330-897-1391. If you call, leave a message the phone is outside on fence. He will return your call. I ordered a set (48) spokes, it took about 6 weeks, he schedules spoke making periodically. Beautiful work.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Addington on Sunday, September 04, 2016 - 07:05 am:

I called Mr. Stutzman about a month ago about getting some spokes and he told me that he no longer sells just the spokes but however, will rebuild your wheel in his shop. He said the reason he stopped selling just spokes was that he had too much trouble with people having other issues and blaming it on his spokes.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By thomas elliott nw pa on Sunday, September 04, 2016 - 07:22 pm:

Nuts! I'm not against paying to have work done if it's right but darn' I really wanted to do this just because!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Eviston on Sunday, September 04, 2016 - 07:31 pm:

Yes, all because of some damn Englishmen not admitting their screw-ups.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Monday, September 05, 2016 - 03:14 pm:

Gary - they look great!

Steve & Thomas,

You should still be able to order spokes from the vendors. Probably at a higher price -- but still available the last time I checked.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration