I am pickling my T and A today

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: I am pickling my T and A today
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Saturday, September 03, 2016 - 09:48 am:

It all started when found out why the A that I got from my dad's barn did not show signs of mice infection.
The hoses were off the radiator and they moved into the top tank.
I removed about two quarts of stuff and decided to do a vinegar treatment to get it clean.

Since I had been thinking about putting vinegar in the T I started with it.
It is now sitting with 2.5 gallons of vinegar in the radiator / motor.
I ran it for a few minutes to increase the activity with a bit of heat and plan on letting it sit for 4 hours because we want to go for a T ride this afternoon.
During that time I will put the vinegar in the A radiator.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Saturday, September 03, 2016 - 11:31 am:

I would use CLR. CRL?
Mix a quart with 2 1/2 gallons of hot water and pour it In the car and let it set for 20 minutes. The drain it out and flush the hell out of It.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Saturday, September 03, 2016 - 12:23 pm:

For a time several on forum used Callgon dish washer powered soap.After a drive and several flushes it seemed to work well.Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By richard lee on Saturday, September 03, 2016 - 03:29 pm:

For a newbie explain the benefits of the vinegar in the radiator. I realize cleaning but how much and what else?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Eviston on Saturday, September 03, 2016 - 03:33 pm:

Re-constituted hot mouse nest smell can knock a buzzard off a gut wagon.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gary hammond on Sunday, September 04, 2016 - 04:44 am:

Vinegar dissolves hard water deposit buildup in the radiator tubes.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Sunday, September 04, 2016 - 08:34 am:

Gary Thanks for answering the question.

I wonder if my wife will notice that her white (clear) vinegar is now cider vinegar :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Sunday, September 04, 2016 - 04:31 pm:

LOL! Thank you Jim E (been there, smelled that) and Fred D!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration